Search

A new extension, "Symlink Manifest" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Symlink Manifest updated to version 0.2 on `1st of June 2011

Changelog

• Fixed bug where symlink was not deleted on uninstall.
  • Clarified directions.

Feedback on directions is much appreciated :)

I've pulled from the repo and played with it a bit. I don't have a use for the extension yet but from my brief test, it all works as advertised :)

I've pulled from the repo and played with it a bit. I don't have a use for the extension yet but from my brief test, it all works as advertised :)

Thanks for testing it Allen!

I created it because I wanted to use Rowan's set-up but did not have shell access to create the symbolic link on the live server. I also think it simplifies the process and makes it a little easier for someone who is not a shell guru.

Can this also be of use for a multi site setup?

Can this also be of use for a multi site setup?

I created the extension based on assumptions to avoid additional steps; I not only needed to make it possible to create symbolic links in the environment I was working, but I also wanted to make it easier for me.

I don't see why you couldn't create an extension based on this one (it's actually pretty simple) that would allow you to define the symbolic links. It would just be creating the interface.

There is a big problem with the approach I've used here. It appears Symphony is unable to follow the symlink when it rewrites the preferences. At least, that's what I think is happening.

I think I should be able to solve this with PHP's exec().

Symlink Manifest updated to version 0.3 on 20th of July 2011

• 0.3 Fixed bug where writing to config.php caused problem. Using exec() in place of symlink().

Symlink Manifest updated to version 0.4 on 16th of August 2011

• Add symlink as fall back to exec for better windows support.