Search

hai everyone,

i am trying to include pagination in one of my inner page. i download the datasource pagination utility and include it in my page .but i did'nt works.my code is like this.is there any error in this

Attachments:
Untitled-1.php

You should use pastie.org to paste code instead of attaching a file.

The pagination path looks to be incorrect. Look at the ?debug of your page and you should see the pagination node isn't inside any entry nodes.

It should look more like

<add-comments> <pagination ... /> <section ... /> <entry>...</entry> </add-comments>

i checked the ?debug of my page and it looks like http://goo.gl/E9Jih

Have you checked the Paginate results for the entry datasource? and are there enough entries to paginate?

@moonoo2 i had set entries per page as 3 . my total entries are 7 but still the problem exists.

Pastie.org your xml for us to see and we can help you.. otherwise, it's like writing in the dark.

Have you checked if the path to the pagination node is correct? Try add-comments/pagination or /data/add-comments/pagination (depending of your current context).

thanks now the links are displayed.but i cant access the pages by clicking on links.is there any error in this pagination url. i use this

<xsl:with-param name="pagination-url" select="'/videodisplay/?p=$'" />

but i cant access the pages by clicking on links.is there any error in this pagination url

From this, your URLs will should like:

/videodisplay/?p=1
/videodisplay/?p=2
/videodisplay/?p=3
/videodisplay/?p=...

Is this the correct format that your application expects?

correct format is like this.

http://goo.gl/fz0UM

but still i cant access pages.when i click on links page not found error is displayed

Right, so the expected URLs would be:

/videoshare/en/videodisplay/entry-handle-here/1
/videoshare/en/videodisplay/entry-handle-here/2
/videoshare/en/videodisplay/entry-handle-here/3
/videoshare/en/videodisplay/entry-handle-here/...

If you visit these URLs by typing them into your browser then do you still get a 404? Forget about the pagination XSLT utility for a minute and make sure your URLs work themselves first. The XSLT utility just creates the hyperlinks between them.

yes i tried it like this but still 404 error displayed

In which case check that:

1. You have a page with a handle of videodisplay which is a sub page of a page with handle videoshare
  2. This page accepts two URL parameters, so the URL Parameter field will contain param1/param2 where param1 and param2 are the parameter names you specified for the entry handle and page number respectively
  3. You don't have data sources attached to the page which have the "Redirect to 404 page if no entries are found" option enabled

i checked it.and its all right.but still the 404 page not found error is displayed

is there any changes i have to made in admin side.i think thats the problem

1. Make sure your page is set up as above, to accept the two URL parameters that you are appending to your URL, /videodisplay/videoshare/:entry/:page/
  2. Make sure your data source is using the {$page} parameter to show that page number of results only

2.Make sure your data source is using the {$page} parameter to show that page number of results only.

i checked those values and also i set ( limiting to 3 entries per page and Return page as {$page} ) in my datasource add-comments. is that correct

What about 1)? Screenshot your Pages index, screenshot the error page. Help us help you.