Search

A new extension, "Sym markItUp" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Thanks Jonathan, can you give us an idea (if any) on how this is different from e.g. the other MarkItUp! editor? If the two (I could quickly find) are similar it might be best to merge them in one 'definitive' MarkItUp! editor extension.

Hi David,

I would have used the other extension but it didn't work for me. I presumed that was just because it hasn't been updated for a while. The extension.driver.php seemed quite complex so rather than submit an issue / patch I built another extension that merely includes a style sheet and a couple of scripts.

Maybe I should rename the extension to clarify the differences? Or, I would be up for having one definitive extension like you suggest.

The current Markitup extension requires the submodules to be initialised, or for those that download a zip, it requires that you find the submodules and add them.

I really don't like this behaviour, so welcome a Markitup editor that has this all bundled.

+1 from me.

Sym MarkItUp updated to version 1.0 on 17th of August 2011

Ahah, I've just found something pretty much like I was planning to build: https://github.com/klaftertief/markdown_editor.git

Sorry guys.

Seen as I see no use for this extension anymore is it okay to delete it from the extension library?