Search

Back with Symphony after a long hiatus. Excited to dive back in!

Basically what I'd like to do is receive a comment from a user on the front-end and change that comment to an article in the back-end. Does anyone know of an easy route to this?

Thanks in advance! It's a joy getting back the control over my CMS!

You could insert each comment as an entry into an article section using front end form with an event that populates the section entry.. you could then ensure that the article is in draught form until you get a chance to review.. i.e not published to front end. Make sense?

You could also use something like Email template Manager to notify you when an entry has been posted as well?

That solution does seem effective. I was thinking of keeping it completely separate and then populating the section entry from the backend, but that does add more complexity.

You could use the Duplicate Entry extension. Provided your Comments and Articles sections are identical in their field setup, you'll get a Save as New button when editing an entry and a dropdown allowing you to create the entry in the alternative section.

moonoo2's suggestion of a checkbox is much simpler however.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I was trying to make the process much more complicated than it needed to be. I love Symphony!