Search

Hey, just wondering something. What editor do you use for mac? I'm using, and liking, textmate, except that it highlights html tags and xsl tags in the same color wich makes the code a lot harder to read. Any better suggestions?

J

I like Espresso the best.

But if it's just a colour issue then there must be a way in the preferences to change colours for different code types?? There normally is...

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Espresso — I'm also a pretty biased source though (check the about box). The combination of great XML and HTML editing, coupled with the live previews and X-ray are an unbeatable for Symphony development in my honest opinion.

Textmate with some bundles (see screencast) and a custom theme.

Suggested reading:

Espresso looks interesting, but it also doesn't make a visual difference between html tags and xsl tags. What is that custom theme you mean for textmate Nick? Does it do highligting as well?

The reason I'm looking for a color difference between XSL and HTML tags is that since XSL is so insanely verbose I find myself staring at the templates for a while just to navigate a bit visually and having to read a lot before knowing where I am, so to speak.

I think I've gone through most editors (coda, sublime etc) but no luck so far...

I use espresso 100% now, great switch from coda

I really wish I could export my new set of clips from espresso, can't yet,
but I do have my old ones from Coda

Espresso doesn't mix and match code-completion for XSL and HTML does it?! at least not the last time i tried.

I'm using PHPStorm. Might be a bit overkill when you want to use it for XSL-HTML only.

Back to using Coda, along with Tea for Coda to get Zen Coding completion, which seems to have pretty good support for XSLT. Just takes a few sessions to remember the abbreviations, but its definitely saving me some keystrokes.