Search

Hi, this goes for all the experienced symphony developers out there.

I have been working with symphony for a few months now, and so far all the extensions that are available have served me good, the only thing that I need is a good image upload utility, that is simple to use. Most of my clients are people with little to no web experience, so I need to make it as easy as possible for them.

In the moment I just don´t have the time to learn Symphony's API, so I´m willing to pay for this, this is what I need:

• Image Upload extension with:
  • possibility of defining 3 thumb sizes
  • possibility of uploading undefined number of images from entry page
  • with a little thumb for every image uploaded
  • possibility to chose from a image section or not ( if not the entry stores the images not a image section)
  • Possibility to enter a img alt text for every image
  • has to be build with Jquery´s UPLOADFY plugin (http://www.uploadify.com/)

If anybody is interested, and need more details just let me know.

obs: ther is a jpg of a exemple on how i like this to look, so you can have a idea.

If any other user is interested in this maybe we could get toguether and make this available to the hole community.

I really need this asap, will be waiting for replays and quotes, looking to start the production immediately.

Thank you all.

It does kind of sound like the Subsection Manager would get you half way with:

• uploading unlimited number of images
  • defining ALT text
  • show a thumbnail
  • possibility of choosing from an images section

The other two outstanding requirements:

• defining 3 thumb sizes: could potentially be solved by forthcoming JIT "recipes"
  • has to be build with jQuery Uploadify plugin: I created a beta field for this but killed it as it was a pain to maintain. But someone could recover and continue its development

possibility to chose from a image section or not ( if not the entry stores the images not a image section)

Could you explain this one a bit more? If uploaded to an images Section, would you want these images shared in a pool between all parent entries? Why would you not want them in a section?

possibility of defining 3 thumb sizes

What exactly do you mean? Chose from "S,M,L" or being able to freely define three values, in pixels?

You can do the first with a Select Box Field, the latter with three Input Fields. They'd fit nicely in the Form displayed by the Subsection Manager.

The values provided can then easily used in the XSLT to generate the correct images/thumbs using JIT.

As the guys said I think its easily achievable using subsection manager to put in your images section; and then use a drop-down in conjunction with JIT to show the images in wanted sizes.

First of all thanks for all the replys.

I agree with all of you, for my own websites i do it just like that with subsection manager, but for my clientes i like to have something more straight forward, and having all of this options in one extension would be just what i need for my clients.

possibility to chose from a image section or not ( if not the entry stores the images not a image section)

Could you explain this one a bit more? If uploaded to an images Section, would you want these images shared in a pool between all parent entries? Why would you not want them in a section?

Subsection manager uses another section to get and store the images, i prefere to have this images stored with the entry, maybe in a diferent mysql table, and not store it in another section and then relate that image to a entry.

possibility of defining 3 thumb sizes

What exactly do you mean? Chose from "S,M,L" or being able to freely define three values, in pixels?

I like to manualy inform 3 image sizes, lets say: i upload a image that is 1400x900, but is quite large, so i specify 3 diferent sizes let´s say: 800x600, 480x272, 100x60 ( did not check for proportions, only a exeple), so it only saves the image in this 3 sizes, it does not save the original.

This is all to make as easy as possible to my clients to control their uploaded images.

Thanks again.

Subsection manager uses another section to get and store the images, i prefere to have this images stored with the entry, maybe in a diferent mysql table, and not store it in another section and then relate that image to a entry.

My point is, why is this an issue, whether it's a section or a table? You can simply hide the related section from the navigation so no user ever sees it, resulting in the same thing. Maybe I'm missing something.

See for me the only thing against that is that it pulls the create new item form exatly the way it is on the publish page of that section, and in my opnion it doesnt look good, i like to have a litle form that is not pulled in via ajax every time you try to upload a new image, not that i have anything against SubSection, i use it all the time, and it is great. But i undestant this is not a big of a issue, thats is just how i imagine this extension to be, but i accept sugestions, and that is not the most inportant thing anyways. Now my question is can anybody build this extension, even with the images in another section, but with a better create new form?

• with jquery uploadfy
  • option to 3 images sizes
  • litle thumbs for the uploaded images
  • Possibility to enter a img alt text for every image

If yes can you build it for me? how much?