Search

Just a small one here, I hope. I'm working on a blog page, derived from the default workspace.

It was working just fine until recently I noticed the comments have stopped showing. The number of comments/link shows and displays the correct amount. However, when viewing the article it returns the comments/error message. I can't pinpoint exactly when or why this happened.

I have a number of extensions installed and have tried disabling a few - only I'm unsure what to disable and what not to. Before I go disabling everything and messing things up even more, I want to check my options! I'm also fairly sure it worked with them enabled but can't confirm this. So far I've disabled logical things like gravatars and members.

Soo.. Anyone ran into this problem before? Could it be a CSS or template related problem at all..?

When your on the front end of the site.. best place to start is to look at the debug of the page always.. this may uncover things your not aware of.. like accidentally un selecting datasources on the page while changing settings..

I dunno man.. I'm not too sure what I'm looking for. All I know is that it did work before I last checked which is before I started transforming my template. As far as I can tell all my data-sources are linked correctly but I'm still pretty new to that. It could be something as tedious as 1 character missing somewhere I suppose.

Here's a pastie of my debug

From what I'm guessing from it, the equivalent of a define=true for the comments is not working correctly for one reason or another. I'm thinking maybe it should be within the <params> somewhere..? If you need screen grabs of anything let me know. I'm also thinking there should be a <ds-comment> in there which means it could well be a datasource problem right?

Oooo, also I tried disabling all my extensions and that stuff but there was no change.

Your comments DS is still there but it's coming up blank:

<comments>
    <section id="4" handle="comments">Comments</section>
    <error>No records found.</error>
 </comments>

Can you make a screenshot of that DS and post it here?

Sure thing. Is attached.. I hope!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 10.54.25.png

Everything seems OK. I'm guessing you've double-checked if there really are comments associated with that article.

This leaves the Article DS output param $ds-article as a possible issue: Your title is very long, maybe that's what caused the error.

You could try and change that from "Title" to "System ID" in the Article DS editor and see what happens.

YEAAA! That worked a treat man. fixed and done and done and fixed. All working. Thanking you!