Search

A new extension, "Parent Field" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Thanks westynz. I like how your field works! Its nice and simple. I did try it out for awhile tonight and noticed that the prepopulate didn't always work as expected. I posted an issue on the Github tracker.

@TheJester12 - thanks - aim was to keep it simple.

Issue has been tested, resolved and pushed.

All I have done for now is check the request variable, much like the widget class does - but I feel like this is automated in other fields, so I think I am missing something. Any ideas from other devs is appreciated.

As I say, still works!

Does this field output anything into the XML of the entry DS at all? doesn't seem to work in 2.3.1

Anyone else experiencing this?

This isn't even available any more as a field. The author also has vanished from github!

Ive forked it and made it 2.3 compatible.. still a useful extension.

Ah, good to know ;o)

I've also ported some of the Nested Cats code accross for DS output.

working on a way to represent depth by concatenating child pages with a '-' so I can have root/firstcat-secondcat-thirdcat-entrytitle

It's getting there...

I think you should get it linked to your new repo on symphonyextensions, seeing as the original is now an orphan! :) Might have to fire Nick a mail or something.

I'll need to strip what I've done back as I've accidentally been working in the master branch with some untested features.. I'll defo post it up there soon for others to use.

If you need assistance with symphonists, let me know.

Shall I throw it up as a repo in there mate? It does need cleaning up first as I mentioned though..

There is one thing in the code I'm struggling with that would help a lot.. its SQL query retrieval for nested parent values and handles... I'll push it up and point it out when I get time this weekend.

ok dude.

ok dude.

Echo echo.

yes yes (yes)