Search

I tried searching the form form and I couldn't seem to find an answer. I have also tried the "backend add script" extension but It seems to be broken or maybe I just don't know how to use it.

All I am trying to do is add another script line after the jquery script which loads automatically, so I should get something like below.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/symphony/assets/jquery.js"></script>
<script src="/workspace/js/jquery.myscript.js"></script>

Currently my way around this so I can test is by adding the lines of code to the frontend debug extension, which only works if you are a developer(Great for testing). However I would like to fix this issue, there must be an easier way to do this than creating an extension. Any ideas?

Is it possible that you were using $ with the Backend Javascriptr extension and not jQuery? Symphony loads jQuery in noConflict mode by default.

Failing that, adding scripts to the backend is done with extensions.

the backend javascriptr extention seems to only loads the custom javascript on the back end. I am unable to gt a simple alert to even pop up when I use the front end. I need this to work in the front end. It would also be useful if I could only have the script load on a certain page, but not necessary.

If you are trying to add a script to your front-end then no plugins are necessary. You only need to edit the templates that make up your website. If you are trying to use the default template try looking in /workspace/utilities/master.xsl

Yes TheJester12, you are right, I guess the front-end debug extension was the one messing things up. Thanks for both of you help.