Search

Ok, I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to do what I want, maybe someone could help me.

I'm using xmlimporter to fetch some comments from a blog: Title, author, date, content. Until now, I had just one section with those fields.

But what if I want a section called Title, another one called author and at least one comments section, the three sections filled with xmlimporter.

Could I have the section comments with some selectbox link field to author and title ?

Not sure if that's clear enough to get help.

Now my problem is a little bit different.

Say I have a section Article with selectbox field to Name's Category.

If I import first the category then the article (with xmlimporter) everything is ok.

But what if I import the Article before the category ? Could the category be created "on the fly" in any way ?

Afraid not.

Thanks for your answer designermonkey.

Do you think that could be done with some sort of php helper in XMLImporterHelpers.

Something like, "check in that section if the entry exist then if not create it" ?

If yes, would it be the best way or do you see any simpler/faster way ?

Thanks.

Oh, that's a good question. I'm not sure how much scope the PHP helpers have with regards to accessing Symphony objects and methods, which you would have to do to get that to work.

Brendan would surely know...