Search

Symphonists,

Attempting to add an extension has led me to discover that adding of any new extension into the extension folder yields a blank administration area. Remove the extension and all is normal.

This is what appears in my error log:

[04-Jul-2012 09:07:55] PHP Fatal error:  Class extension_uniqueinputfield contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Extension::about) in /home1/frederj1/public_html/extensions/uniqueinputfield/extension.driver.php on line 22

Any thoughts? Feelings? About what might be happening.

The install is 2.2

Thanks

Hi Fred,

It seems like you took an extension that is already updated to 2.3 best is if you go into the GitHub page of the repository and find a tag that is stated to support 2.2

You would notice that any extension which is 2.3 will not have an about() function in the extension.driver.php as its been deprecated

I had an old copy of cacheabledatasource lying in a folder which had an about function. Yup, that seems to be the problem. Even though Unique Text Input Field looks to be compatible with 2.2, it is not in the latest version.

Look like I need to upgrade . . .

Look like I need to upgrade . . .

Why? Both extensions are compatible with 2.2.0...

Fred, the latest version is unlikely to be compatible; what you need is to find a previous version from github, you can just click on version 1.4 just below 2.2 or go directly to the 1.4 branch on github

@gunglien Thanks, found and installed 1.4 branch without a problem.

I am tempted to upgrade my website to 2.3, but there doesn’t seem to be a update.php in the 2.3 zip package.

I am tempted to upgrade my website to 2.3, but there doesn’t seem to be a update.php in the 2.3 zip package.

Upgrade procedures have been moved to install/migrations/, one file for each version you can update from.

Browsing to /install should be sufficient to start the updater.

Sorry, yes. I didn't mean "pick the one you need" but rather "the migration stuff is still there". As Nils said, the installer/upgrader is smart and does it all for you, just head to install/.

Ah. . . The documentation guides me in paths old. The README.markdown file also makes reference to the update.php file.

1. Upload /symphony, index.php & update.php, replacing what is already on your server.

I will head for install/ when I screwed up the courage to make the jump.