Search

Is there anyway to attach files into a field when you are creating content. I know that there is an option to upload a file, but I want to store a large number of files in a folder in the symphony folder and then be able to attach them (and be able to attach the same file in multiple articles). With 'upload a file', it won't allow you to do this.

Does anybody have any suggests?

Thanks,

Chris

Assuming you have already created a section named “Articles”, I would:

• create a new one named “Files”;
  • add an Upload File field to it;
  • populate it by creating a new entry for each file you need to attach;
  • add a Subsection Manager field to the section named “Articles” which subsection is “Files”;
  • link the entries of the section named ”Files” to the ones of the section named “Articles” by means of the Subsection Manager field.

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try and it was fine. The problem for me with the subsection manager extension is that all the files that you want to be able to be attached have to be contained in one section. I plan to have hundreds (if not thousands) of files uploaded on the server which users can choose to attach to whatever they post. So I need to have something that organises these files into different sections (to make it easier for the users to find the file they want quickly).

I have found a possible solution with the 'add link' function in the field extension CKEditor. The problem is because my symphony site is on a subfolder, the 'browse server' button does nothing when I press it.

Any suggestions to make it work?

You could try the Select Box Link+ field extension, using the Gallery view. SBL+, as does SBL, allows you to select multiple fields from multiple sections, but I haven't tried this with the Gallery view yet.