Search

Hi!
When I hit the "Save changes" button in the Page Template Editor the page template gets saved only partially.
A few last lines of it always get cut off.
It never happens when I save templates in a locally installed copy of the site, and always did when I tried to do it over the Internet. Is it a Symphony or hosting server related problem?
Any ideas on how it can be fixed?

PS

Similar problem when saving events too. For example, each time I save my "Save comment" event, it breaks, and, to fix it, I have to use the host provider's file manager to restore the suddenly disappeared last closing bracket ('}') in the event.save_comment.php file. :-(

Well, I found something.
Page Templates get corrupted on saving only if they contain cyrillic letters.
(because, the site is in Russian language, I write some prompts in input forms in Russian).
The number of symbols cut off after saving is equal to the number of cyrillic characters used in the template.
Sorry for making assumptions, but it looks so, as if for some reason the length of the page template is calculated, and then only the calculated number of bytes is saved. But it is not taken into account that each cyrillic character (in utf-8) is too times longer that an ascii symbol.

This will have something to do with mb string functions I reckon.

I have these settings in my .httaccess file:

php_value mbstring.internal_encoding UTF-8
php_value mbstring.func_overload 2
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

When I try to change phpvalue mbstring.funcoverload to 0, the page templates save fine, but then the front end pages of the site start producing this error:

loadXML():
    Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xF0 0x98 0xF0 0xBE in Entity, line: 45
    /home/users1/n/nshmakov/domains/world-of-stones.ru/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.xsltprocess.php:135

The current version of PHP is 5.3.14.