Search

Hi all !

After using the forum for few hours trying to find my way in this fantastic tools that is Symphony CMS, I have few suggestions to make regarding the forum to make it easier to use.

So, is it possible to :

1 - Add sorting links to column headers ? For example, it would be great to be able seeing most active threads first according to date of the latest post.

2 - Add an option when posting a comment to receive an email notification when an answer is posted ?

3 - Add an option for forum admins to "pins" some discussion on top for reccurent questions ? For example, I was looking informations about how to manage a membership feature on a symphony website and answers are always the same according to use cases (does the user need to access admin back-end or not, does he need to see only some sections or elements of a section).

4 - Add an "Evolution" section where we could suggest new extensions or core feature with a voting function that would let seeing what community is expecting most ?

Thanks for reading this post whatever your answers are.

Add an option when posting a comment to receive an email notification when an answer is posted ?

I believe this is in the works. It is most definitely one of the things that I miss the most!

Add an option for forum admins to "pins" some discussion on top for reccurent questions ?

The top 4-5 topics are already pinned. Currently only topics that are really relevant to anyone are pinned. Since Symphony can do so many things very well it is very difficult to pin all relevant (often asked) questions to the top, without filling the entire first page.

Add an "Evolution" section where we could suggest new extensions or core feature with a voting function that would let seeing what community is expecting most ?

There is a topic called most wanted extensions (or something), but it does not have a voting function yet. This could be quite useful though.

But! If you look at the factory post, you can see that the site will get a big overhaul in the next few months(?), so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the things you mention will finally be possible!

Not to mention finally replacing the current crappy search mechanism with ElasticSearch.

replacing the current crappy search mechanism with ElasticSearch.

win!

Yeah, from my experience with Symphony, search mechanism should be redesigned. It's very hard to find what you're looking for.

i tend to just google site:getsymphony.com searchterms

Yeah me too.

Although from using the ElasticSearch community a lot over the last year or so, Google Groups for the win.