Search

Hi. I would like to know how to make a section which can be used to store and display page content.

So far I have created a section named 'Page content', and a data source named the same. Following on from this I have modified my page template using XSLT, the page now displays all items within the page content section.

What i would like to know is, what is the best way to filter these results so that only the relevant content is displayed - for example the about entry is displayed on the about page.

If possible i'd rather not use an extension as this is mainly for learning purposes at the moment.

Cheers.

To avoid using extensions you could use the $current-page parameter to filter a (text input) field. You'd have to set the content of this field in an entry to the page name you want to show it.

But Symphony is made to be extensible, so choosing and using extensions should be in your tool kit. One extension to create a relationship between entris and pages is the Pages Field. It's a select box filled with the pages in your installation. You can filter this field by either the mentioned $current-page parameter, or better the $current-page-id parameter to unwanted entries in case of pages with the same name (at a different hierarchy).