Search

Is there a way to filter entries on author who created them?

Hi Jeff,

I'm pretty new to Symphony but will try and help you out.

If you've set the section up to have an 'author' field type you should just be able to filter against that when you're setting up your related datasource by passing in a parameter from the page(s) in which you utilise it.

Another way would be to filter it out with XSLT when the page is rendering.

I'd say it all depends on how and where you're looking to filter the data though, really. What are you planning on doing with the data and where is the parameter that your filtering on coming from?

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the 'author' field type. That gets me started. What I'm trying to do is to piggy back on symphonys author authentication, to provide user login for my site. I'll have a relatively small number of users who will want to look at there "own" entries via some pages with pagetype=admin that I will implement. I have added an "owner" field of type "author" to the relevant section. All that has to happen now is to filter entries with something like "owner=logged-in-author". Not sure if this is possible. Any ideas?

If you just want to be super simple about it there is a param for cookie-username that you can use to detect logged in author.