Search

Hi Guys,

i am in the process of programming my first extension and i think i am simply overlooking something here. the extension provides an event which fires on a certain condition when attached to a page. this is working as expected, so far so good ;)

i need some information about the page that triggers the event and would like to access the param pool and probably the generated page xml. how would i go about that?

i tried to register a delegate DataSourcePostExecute and read the data from the callback. but i cannot seem to get it to work.

can someone maybe push me in the right direction?

daniel

It depends when you would need that, if you want to use the data in your event or do something separate after all the datasources are generated.

Data Sources occur after Events are processed, so an Event will not have access to the Data Source param pool. You go the other way however, parameters added by Events are accessible by Data Sources

thanks, so the workaround i took yesterday is probably the way to go!? i triggered the event with a form submit and provided the data i needed in the post values. is this the correct way? but when would i subscribe to DataSourcePostExecute?