Search

Hi -

I'm brand new to the orchestra. Don't yet know anything about the Symphony. Total Newbie.

Downloaded latest version 2.3.1. Installed. Logged in to admin

Started to explore. Everything looks nice and neat and tidy, but alas, when click on blueprints>datasources or blueprints>events I get a nasty evil Chrome 500 error:

"HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

Am using MAMP Pro localhost. Have attached screenshot

I really don't know whether this is the Conductor's problem or the Newbie's mistake. I know nothing. Please help. I REALLY want to play in the orchestra and tell my clients why they should punt the evil bog-monster which is Drupal into the long grass. If I have to look at the nasty drupal view/cck smeg-pile one more time and hack the php code late into the evening to get DATA to play nice together I am going to pack it in and join a monastery. Life is too short. I want my data to be pure. I really, really, really hate drupal. Almost as much as I hate Joomla.

Please help me. I have heard wonderful things about Symphony. But at the moment, it ain't working....

Thanks Hugh

Ok, I sussed it.

Looks like Symphony 2.3.1 needs php 5.3 and will break on 5.2.x

Note to Symphony people: if this is correct maybe update the footer of the website which says requires 5.2 or above. This appears to be misleading as it needs 5.3

ta

I think this is a bug that will be fixed in Symphony 2.3.2:

• Symphony 2.3 will be the last version to support PHP 5.2.
  • Symphony 2.4 will require PHP 5.3.