Search

I've downloaded and applied a couple of text editors but none seem to allow the ability to insert an image into the content area/wysiwug editor. I can create a field to upload an image but that really doesn't make it easy for my users.

I think the wordpress editor is easy for clients, is there a way to mimic or have something similar in terms of adding images?

I am doing my first real site in Symphony...

I think you are probably looking for a full blown editor the type of tinymce...

My belief is that there are a couple of decent extensions however I rarely use them as I cannot guarantee that the markup will be as expected.

have a look at these two I think at least one of them will do the trick

thanks Gunglien,

it's the same as the others, there is an image add option but I can't just place an image into the content area... I have to enter the url .. I know my clients won't like that... is there no way to have it similar to some of the other editors?

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 9.47.24 AM.png

I'm a big fan of redactor, you can copy and past images in the editor no problem. You can easily embed videos and any other content fairly easily as well.

http://symphonyextensions.com/extensions/richtext_redactor/

Heck ya! That's what I am talking about...IT works PERFECTLY..

weird I tried that one before and it wouldn't activate as it was not compatible.

Oh and THANKS.

just as a side-note I think before I've used a combination of markdown + subsection manager; if I'm correct you could 'drop' images from that; I'd assume there are other upload fields with similar properties.

I actually use the ninja technique to pass images "by reference". I use a totally made up xml element with an attribute for the entry id that can be swapped out with the image link in the xslt. This means I can replace images at the section level and not have to go editing content for it to show up. I also use a subsection to handle which image entries are appropriate to a particular entry, so the database querying is kept lean.

This has advantages during development when the content is constantly being revised, but has the disadvantage of looking a little clumsy and being a little cryptic for end users until explained.

Still, it's another approach you can use for this when you get more confident with templating, and can probably be refined to be a little more user-friendly (for example using subsection drops as gunglien mentioned).

Great thanks Gunglien. Will look at that.

S_e that html ninja looks hardcore.

The ninja technique is super useful for using alongside WYSIWYG editors. Especially when you need more complex markup than they can provide. Or in my case above, need to markup something at the entry level that has no meaning in HTML.

It also significantly helped me "get" XSLT.

yea am gonna have to spend some time with it.