Search

Well then. There's a massive problem there as you have two different versions of PHP running. Can I see your htaccess file please to help narrow this down?

Before that though, I would seriously advise that move webhost, as any host that still provides php 4 as a default should be avoided.

I think (assumption here) that as you're having to add a line to your htaccess file to define the PHP version, you are being forced to run it in CGI mode, and therefore it is probably not setup to handle sessions correctly as that is what the problem seems to be.

I would move host rather than spend any more time trying to analyze the poor provision of PHP here.

Hello,

I have put php version 5.3 every where and the trouble persists.

Here is exactly the situation :

• I have a site that has been developped with the CMS Contao, that is in the directory domain_name/Contao
  • as you know, I have the site developped with Symphony in the directory domain_name/Symphony ,
  • in my hosting directory, domain_name, I have a permanently redirection to the site Contao. I joint the .htaccess of that place.

The trouble persist : if I close completly the navigator, and then try to connect on the Symphony site, it does not work. If I go to my main site, domain_name, in the same instance of the navigator, the same tab, the redirection works, as it has always worked. And after, if I try again to connect to the admin on the Symphony site, it works!

If I close the navigator and try again, it does not work.

By the way, I can't modify the redirect permanent to /index.html http://domain_name/Symphony/ , why?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
htaccess_www_domain_name.txt

domain_name/Symphony may cause the trouble. I had this in 2.3.2.

did you try to move to domainname/bestcms_ever or something like that?

Hello Moma,

I have tried this, I suppose you mean another work instead of "Symphony". I have tried "Fymsony". Obviously I had to change a couple of things in the .htacess file, for the rewritting rules , etc. But the site does work properly: the front-end appears but the links on other pages do not work. And about the back-end, it does not work at all. When I hit my user-name and password, there is no error message, but I get the front-end page, the admin connection does not work.

See you.

I agree with designermonkey, who mentioned the best way is to change your provider.

maybe a change at symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php

error_reporting(-1)

instead of this if else construct helps you.

Hello,

designermonkey just said that if PHP 4 is the default at my web hosting, I would consider changing web hosting. But it is not the case, PHP 4 is not the default (I had an obsolete .htaccess on my www (where I have got nothing, both sites are in subdirectories)). Anyway, now I have put PHP 5.3 every where : on www , on www/Symphony and on www/Contao, and the system does not work better.

The version of PHP is well set. When it is not the case, I have syntax errors and I can't do anything, even display the front-end.

I have tried the error_reporting(-1): nothing new, there is no more error message.

One more thing, I don't think it is a problem : both sites Contao and Symphony use the same MySql database, with different leading keys.

I have not noticed any thing special in the table sym_sessions for the sessions that succeed compared to these that fail (seeing them by PhpMyAdmin).

Thank you for your help, see you.

Hello everybody,

I have been working a while with Symphony, I see what I could do with it. What is at the same time a drawback and a vertue is that you start at a low level.

I will see what I will do with this CMS later, I am going to try another one, that is more "clef en main", anyway, we'll see what will be the winner!

It has been a pleasure to have talk with you. See you later and enjoy Symphony!