Search

I’ve updated the script to allow you to pass in multiple class names. It will now ignore mediathek and reflection fields by default. To add more classes edit line 103. It must be a class, or an ID. http://github.com/Demwunz/multiselect_to_checkboxes/tree/master

It wasn’t working so I checked Firebug and it threw a error on line 103 so I removed the semi-colon. This code works:

ignore : ".replace, .source"

schoolboy error :) - ill fix it on github

There’s an incompatibility with the Mediathek 2.0 beta. Changing line 103 to:

ignore : ".replace, .source, .field-mediathek select"

Problem solved.

thanks dougoftheabaci, updated github.

I just integrated Nick Dunn’s commit which adds support for optgroups. Nice one! Update is available via github.

Sweet! Cheers Fazal. For reference, here’s a quick video showing this extension working on a Select Box Link that is linked to four sections.

http://screenr.com/rnR

Updated again, thanks to Phoque for making sure everything stays good looking!

In Internet Explorer 8, when I click the checkbox itself the state doesn’t get changed. When I click the label it works, but clicking on the checkbox itself doesn’t toggle it’s state.

Does somebody know how to fix this?

I filed an issue for this.

Edit:

I made a ‘quick fix’ to get this thing working correctly in IE8. Hasn’t been tested thoroughly however:

https://github.com/kanduvisla/multiselecttocheckboxes/commit/fadd3399ca878654c1ebae3a164c51d7000a88e8

Does this extension only work for backend?

Yes.

There’s a complete separation in Symphony between the system itself and whatever you choose to output on your front end, and extensions tend to honor that separation.

I haven’t updated this extension in a while. Unless anyone wants more features added to this extension I would recommend you use eKoeS Better Forms extension because it covers more UI elements.

I modified the css so that it doesn't look messed up on new releases of Chrome. I'm going to be cleaning this extension up, so if you have any feature requests let me know.

On one site I modified this to use radio buttons instead of checkboxes when the field was not a multiselect, i.e. I had a very long select box that I wanted to convert to a radio button list. It makes the field selection a challenge though, since you cannot target just multiselects.

Fazal, is this extension supposed to work with the latest Symphony code (integration branch)? The script is not added to my backend page. :-(

Works in 2.2.1, but not on the latest integration branch. So no, nothing is supposed to work with the integration branch until it's a Release Candidate :-P

The reason is a recent commit by Brendan which removes a deprecated delegate reference. Delegates should not subscribe to /administration/, but /backend/ instead (here). Change the code and re-enable the extension and it'll work again.

Extensions I know of that use this old synax are Subsection Manager, Vimeo Videos and this one.

Nick, you are too fast for me...

Keep up.

Zipball/Tarball-download is not working on github :(

Not Found: Bad archive command for Demwunz/multiselect_to_checkboxes/master