Search

Anything new about this mysterious release candidate?

Psssssst, Nils, don't make 'em nervous! I have watched those "silent periods" many times. The outcome will surely be breathtaking once again.

Anything new about this mysterious release candidate?

Hey sorry, I guess "coming weeks" was a bit optimistic. Over the past 2 weeks we've been pulled away from Symphony by other obligations, but right now my focus is 100% back on finishing RC1. Making a release candidate has turned out to be more work than we realised (who knew?), but hopefully we can live up to Michael's prediction!

There will definitely be some announcements coming soon regarding Symphony's future, but in the meantime I'm going to get on IRC for the next few Fridays to answer questions about RC1.

So, if you have questions about RC1, jump on irc.freenode.net/#symphony on a Friday and I'll try to answer them. My local time is GMT+10, so adjust your definition of Friday accordingly. I'll try to be around as much of the day as possible.

The plan after we finish RC1 is to have a public VCS for our ongoing development, and to involve the community a lot more in the design process of improving the system. The feedback we've received from the community has always been incredibly helpful, and I think an open process for ideas and contributions would be of great benefit. The reason we're still keeping quiet for now is because all the design decisions for RC1 are locked in, we're just still busy implementing them.

Scott -

Thanks for the update! We appreciate all the work that y'all are doing! I know that when RC1 is delivered it will be worth the wait. Please know how much we as community appreciate y'all and Symphony! There is nothing else out there like it. It's awesome and flexible. That's why we are so anxious for the it's release (as y'all are).

Anyway, enough of gushing on and on... we are very thankful for y'alls work and hope to see the development of Symphony and it community continue to grow.

Thanks! BZ

Please know how much we as community appreciate y'all and Symphony!

ditto

So, if you have questions about RC1, jump on irc.freenode.net/#symphony on a Friday and I'll try to answer them. My local time is GMT+10, so adjust your definition of Friday accordingly. I'll try to be around as much of the day as possible.

Is there a log of this chat anywhere?

Since my bot is no longer taking logs of everything we say and do on IRC, I decided to log as much as possible myself -- here's what I got, excuse the formatting!

http://pastie.org/258524

@rowanjl, what happened to your irc chat? or was that someone else's?