Search

This would be a great reference either as an Appendix or in the Installation section.

Or perhaps in the documentation for the Ensemble extension README?

What was the reason to stop using whatever function allowed zipping in the older versions? Due to my limited server env, this is an unavoidable feature loss.

What was the reason to stop using whatever function allowed zipping in the older versions? Due to my limited server env, this is an unavoidable feature loss.

I think there was a file size limit that prevented ensemble creation for larger sites.

That makes sense; just kind of cuts out the ‘little guy’ sites that are small enough but might not be on a flexible server. If they’re mutually exclusive, I suppose supporting larger file size is the way to go.

Ok, so here’s another question. Regarding the zip.so file that gets created in the solution linked above, is there a technical reason not to just post that extension file, or just a licensing/legal one? B/c if there is no reason, I can post the one I’ve just made.

http://developers.enormego.com/view/enabling_php_s_zip_extension_in_mamp

Tried is with repeated failures at

8.Run: ./configure

9.Wait for it to finish and then run: make

I don’t think you using your extension is an option because it is compiled for your processor etc.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I managed to make it work with MAMP Pro & Greg Hughes MAMP extension. Works like a charm!

Cheers!

@bruno - do you have the zip archive extension fro greg’s site? his site is completely down for some reason.

The latest version of MAMP now comes with the ZIP extension compiled in.

Oo, I didn’t know that, will have to upgrade.

JIT works just fine in MAMP. Try disabling and re-enabling the extension. I don’t know why, but occasionally that issue is fixed by doing so.

@liamegan

The latest version of MAMP now comes with the ZIP extension compiled in.

Are you referring to 1.9?

@dougoftheabaci Yes! believe it or not, I think that was the solution, because it randomly just started working. That must have been what I tried muddling thru troubleshooting.