Search

You're a star!

Thank you!

I'm working on updating it and adding the correct oAuth authentication from my attempt now, so hopefully we'll have a good Twitter Notifier extension for 2.2 soon!

Can't wait! This is great... Will it also be easily extendable to use for Facebook and such?

Cheers and thanks

Once I get the Twitter one done, modifying it for Facebook shouldn't be too difficult, it is on my list...

Brilliant, I’ve only just been searching for exactly this. Can’t wait either …

@designermonkey are you still working on this? Just politely asking :)

@designermonkey are you still working on this? Just politely asking :)

I believe he's away for a couple of weeks on holiday now.

@DavidOliver good to know, and well deserved! :)

I am, don't let the missus know I'm on the forum, she'll have my nuts for this while were on hols! ;o)

LOL!

Just a quick status update for those who have been asking.

I have been working on this quite a lot recently, but due to me being a little out of my depth extension dev wise, it has been taking a while to do.

I'm currently in the middle of the content pages for the admin, where users can register accounts and what sections they want to notify from. Also the Twitter authentication is done here too, which has been a ball-ache.

Now I have a better understanding about Cookies/Sessions and how Symphony uses them, this part should be done soon.

After that, I have to build the notifying functions which shouldn't really take long at all. The only real thing that is slowing progress now is the fact I'm ill and have been for a while (even on my holiday!) so no definites as to a release date yet.

Once I release it, I really want the community to pull this apart from a UI/UX perspective and help refactor the code in the background.

@designermonkey sounds good (apart from you being ill) get well soon!

Update: (again)

After getting better, I have realised that I can really re-factor the code now I have a much better understanding of the content pages in Symphony. I can dispense with using Sessions and Cookie altogether as I don't really need them (phew).

We have to make mistakes and get annoyed to learn, and that is what has happened. So with this in mind, and with my new sense of optimism for this process, I'm making a big push to get this thing finished.

I would like to elicit some help writing good documentation (Git Wiki) for the process, after seeing the great effort for the Members extension. It won't be anywhere near as in-depth as that, as it should be quite a simple process to use this, but I have so much on that to be honest, it hasn't fit into my schedule. If anyone would like to help test it and write docs for this, please let me know.

Not long now! (I promise, and thanks for your patience)

Oh, I forgot to add, I don't know how to handle exceptions in case of errors etc (I think it's exceptions) in PHP, so if anyone can help on that, it is really needed. Please DM me on Twitter designermonkey and I can discuss it when the code is at that stage.

Cheers.

Wow, glad to see you guys made some use out of my old extension. If there's anything I can do to help out, just let me know.

@designermonkey hi there! Is there any progress, or even a workable extension in sight? I’ve got two clients requesting this functionality for their sites bugging me … are there incentives we can pass along? Beer? :D … hmmm, might be counterproductive though.

I'm sorry to say that this got temporarily shelved in favour of paid work (as is the need).

I can pick it up and see where I was at sometime this weekend, but I can't promise anything to be honest. Life has taken an "I need cash" route...

It is on the way though, don't fret!

@designermonkey cheers a lot!

I’d love to turn this into paid work for you, unfortunately I have no budget control in these projects. Will ask anyway.

I wouldn't accept payment for this project as it's a Symphonists project in my eyes, and belongs to the community. Craig has already helped a little.

The idea was to develop this and give it to the community, so that they could update/modify it as required and push merges through one of the Symphonists group.

I will take a look at it, but if theres anyone who would like to have a chat about helping out getting some of the leg work done, I would really appreciate it a lot!