Search

A quick update, we've got a date for Jam #2!

Symphonists, join us for Jam #2 this Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm GMT

Check here for a breakdown in your timezone.

For this session, we're going to be talking about Symphony Factory. The discussion will touch upon the Symphony website and also all current and future community websites. This isn't a technical discussion so I urge anyone who can spare the time to join us on IRC on the day.

To reiterate, there are two purposes of Symphony Jam:

1. To allow the contribution team to have a venue to talk about their involvement with Symphony and coordinate collaborative efforts to get things done.
  2. To communicate our work to the wider community and hopefully engage more members to contribute to the project.

Symphony Jam is starting in 10 minutes. Participants can join us on IRC by going to http://webchat.freenode.net and enter channel #symphony.

Those with an IRC client, please connect to irc.freenode.net and join us on #symphony.

Symphonists, point your video viewing eyes to Jam session #2 at: http://youtu.be/DScQ_rt16kA.

[Updates]

• New Jam session has been added to cover the topic of Session Handling.
  • Action plan for Session #2 on Symphony Factory has been added.

New Jam session has been added to cover the topic of Session Handling.

Cool, thanks.

However, while I'm always eager to push things forward, I still lack a lot of Symphony background knowledge (as in "why are things currently implemented the way they are") and experience as an extension developer, so I guess other community members could contribute a lot more to the topic from a technical point of view.

That said, I'm still happy to be a guest on the session if no one else volunteers... ;)

Rowan would be a good guest to have join us on the topic of sessions since he's had to deal with it for several large sites now, but it'll depend on the session time. I will check in with him and see if he's available.

Rowan would be a good guest to have join us on the topic of sessions since he's had to deal with it for several large sites now, but it'll depend on the session time.

Sounds like a joke!

Nice pun :)

Session handling is serious business. Hope to see you all on the session on sessions.

I keep missing these, is there some kind of newsletter I can join, I can't function without prompts and reminders.

tld;dr: Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Allen, any updates on the dates on the new subjects?