Search

Should this update also fix the file upload issue?

Oops ! Totally forgot about that :) I'll have a look this weekend.

Also, the readme should include how to use [__edit] (http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/96491/2/#position-27)

Good point.

@vladG

Why this error is displayed?

runtime error:... sform-controls.xsl line 152 element copy-of Variable 'events' has not been declared.

@vladG: Have you had time to take a look at the file upload problem?

@bambocci

Sorry for that error. It has been fixed in v1.4.

@Pat

Fixed the uploads problem in v1.4.

Excellent. I'll try it out again. Cheers!

-edit-

I don't know about PHP 5.4 support. Sorry :( I recommend PHP 5.3.

Sections event updated to version 2.0 on 14th of June 2013

Permissions at Section level and Field level !!!!!

:)

I wished this for so long ...

1. Set role based permissions in Symphony backend.
  2. Grab the info in XSLT.
  3. Anyone fancy building frontend XSLT admins?

Read all in the Readme.

Looks awesome. Will play around with it in the next few days.

Sections event updated to version 2.1.1 on 19th of June 2013

Updating to this version is a must.

The algorithm for determination of Ownership level has been fixed/improved.

This update is cool, but I can't use the new permissions features b/c I use Facebook login, not the Members extension.

Would it be possible to not make Sections Event dependent on Members? The only thing I really want to do is to be able to limit a user to only edit/delete entries they own (denoted by the SBL linked to the user entry) to prevent DOM hacking.

So basically instead of limiting based on Member Roles, the extension could say "choose your user section" and then for each section "choose owner field."

Also it would be helpful if the select options were color coded. It's hard to read and see the permissions of tons of sections at once.

Something like

• Any = green
  • Own = yellow
  • None = red

Would it be possible to not make Sections Event dependent on Members?

It was built with Members 1.2 (Members version where only one Members extension is allowed). Due to timing constraints, I don't think I will implement support for other Membership providers any time soon.

Also it would be helpful if the select options were color coded. It's hard to read and see the permissions of tons of sections at once.

Seems a good idea. If I find any spare time this weekend, I will take care of it.

Vlad, I was wondering if you've tested this with Members 1.3RC1. I get the following error when trying to edit permissions:

Symphony Fatal Error: There are multiple Member sections in this installation, please refer to the README.
An error occurred in /[path]/extensions/members/extension.driver.php around line 596

There is only one member section.

Unfortunately, it won't work with Members 1.3. Use Members 1.2.x

Does anyone know how to make a section update reflection fields when SBL are involved?

When I create an entry with linked entries (e.g. a post with images), the main entry’s reflection field gets saved before images are added, so there’s no way to check if the SBL is set or not. I have to manually resave the entry.

Will this extension stop the whole form from submitting if one entry fails to validate?

i.e. An event/show where the ability to register multiple attendees in linked sections is setup via SBL and linked to the master 'registration' section, but I don't want the 'Event' to fire if one of the registered attendees does not validate correctly.

Can Sections Event deal with this at all?

Will this extension stop the whole form from submitting if one entry fails to validate?

Yes :)

If any entry, in any submitted section fails, nothing is persisted to DB.

This is the algorithm:

1. Gather information about all Entries.
  2. Check data for all Entries. Exit if any fails. ($field->checkPostFieldData())
  3. Set data for all Entries. Exit if any fails. ($field->processRawFieldData())
  4. Save all Entries to database. Exit. ($entry->commit())