Search

So,

I have a simple entry consisting of a title and text box.

I'm trying to save about 2 A4 pages of text which is not much, and I'm getting following error:

The page you requested, /403.shtml/, does not exist.

when I submit the form.

If I cut down text in half it saves normaly. This used to work fine on localhost, and I have never before had similar problems with other CMSs on my server, so I'm not sure what's the problem here.

Any thoughts?

Ok, so I did some tests and it seems that there might be some special invisible character that prevents text from being saved?

The thing is text was already saved before, and this error occurred after I did some changes on the settings in the section item.

I have attached text files that should cause items to give errors on saving. Can someone test it?

Attachments:
english.txt and croatian.txt

I don't get any errors when saving these texts, but I only tried in Symphony 2.3.6 and 2.6.0-alpha1 .

Which version of Symphony do you use? If it's 2.4 or later, you might have a problem with XSRF protection (e.g. an invalid token). You might try and switch XSRF protection off by setting enable_xsrf to no in the config file. Does the error still occur?

BTW: Your error is also a server configuration error. The server attempts to throw a "403 Forbidden" error, but obviously the server is configured to include the file 403.shtml as contents of this error (which doesn't exist).

I'm using latest version of symphony. The thing is I have removed first paragraph and the thing works as expected.

Only thing I could think of is that there's some special hidden character that got in there since I pasted in text from word. But article still saved fine on my local host, error only started showing after I've uploaded it to the production server.

Weird. I guess it's just that one of a kind bug...

Probably there is a byte order mark (BOM in the content. Got that once before.