Search

awesome thread, im learning alot reading from this.

yes, that’s true!

Would be nice to see the bookmarking become a sym release officially!

would be awesome

Thanks, @klaftertief and @alpacaaa for looking into categories and bookmarking. I’ve got another branch of the repo in the works where I’ll be extending the forum functionality to build a project administration system. I’m hoping to pull in your ideas and test them for a bit before pushing out another release, hopefully in time for the Symposium.

How would one go about adding the Attachments feature from this forum to the forum ensamble?

I’ve created another section for attachments, I’m just unsure of how to integrate it with comments. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time, and for the head start this ensamble has already given me. :)

when is the next update on this? would be awesome if we could make forum categories?? it is kind of a must for the kind of website i’m running.

i’m running the system now myself and it’s brilliant, would be nice to have some updates :D

@norby500, I’m glad it’s working well for you.

It would be awesome to have categories. I may have some time this week to look at it, but no promises. First, I need to update the core to the latest version and do some testing.

If anyone has some suggestions on how best to go about implementing categories and improved search, please let me know. This may involve some custom data sources because of the way things have been implemented for this ensemble.

Hmm… I’ve updated the Forum ensemble to Symphony 2.1.1 and everything seems to be working fine for the most part. I’m doing some testing, but I’ve come across a strange bug having to do with read discussions.

The XML output for the Forum: Read Discussions List data source looks like this:

<forum-read-discussions>
    <discussion id="2" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
    <discussion id="5" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
    <discussion id="8" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
    <discussion id="10" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
    <discussion id="12" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
    <discussion id="14" comments="100000" last-viewed="2010-10-17T16:23:06-08:00" />
</forum-read-discussions>

There are nowhere near that number of comments related to these discussions. I wonder what the comments attribute is for and why the value is hard-coded as 100000.

Well, I’ll have to go back to the previous version to see how this feature is supposed to work, since it doesn’t seem to be working anymore. If anyone else with more PHP experience wants to help me debug this, I can have the Forum Ensemble available to be able to help us test the Members extension and finally get it out of beta.

@XBleed, I’d also like to know how attachments work. That feature wasn’t provided with the Forum Ensemble I received from the dev team.

Hi,

I keep getting a critical error whenever I try to reply on a discussion. I installed the forum assemble successfully and didn’t made any changes yet. At the installation I changed the database table prefix to ‘forum’ instead of ‘sym’.

As you can see in the screenshot. It tries to enter ‘symentriesdata16’, which should be ‘forumentriesdata16’. I can create discussions in this table but I can’t retrieve the data from it.

Where can I change the way it gets the data from this table? Or should I fix it somewhere else?

Thanks

Attachments:
Symphony Fatal Error_1291114428221.png

Have you changed the table prefix in your /manifest/config.php file?

Also, it may be using custom datasources, in which the table name may be hardcoded. Try looking through inside files /workspace/data-sources

Hey, Strangerr. Looks like you’ve found a bug. I followed the trace in your screenshot to the following file in the Forum extension:

/extensions/forum/events/event.forum_post.php

And I searched for the string sym in the file. It looks like line 247 has hardcoded sym as the table prefix, which is bad. Try changing sym to tbl, which should get automatically replaced by the table prefix specified in your config file.

Change this:

$isOpen = Symphony::Database()->fetchVar('value', 0, 'SELECT `value` FROM `sym_entries_data_'.$oDiscussion->getLockedField().'` WHERE `entry_id` = '.$oDiscussion->Entry()->get('id').' LIMIT 1');

to this:

$isOpen = Symphony::Database()->fetchVar('value', 0, 'SELECT `value` FROM `sym_entries_data_'.$oDiscussion->getLockedField().'` WHERE `entry_id` = '.$oDiscussion->Entry()->get('id').' LIMIT 1');

Let me know if that works and I’ll update the Forum extension repository.

Your fix works, thanks allot!

I found another weird error when I create just a simple blank page. When I visit the link on the site I get this error….

Can it be a permission issue? if I compile I get the full xml of the whole forum.

Attachments:
Symphony – XSLT Processing Error_1291183388083.png

When you say you are creating a blank page, is there no content at all on the page? The error looks typical for a page that has absolutely no content.

That being said, it’s hard to debug the issue without knowing the context: XML and XSLT for the page.

Yeah, that error was before Alistair changed the default template to output an H1. It’s a standard error that means you have no XSLT.

What version of Symphony are you on? Must be an older one…

how to add radio button field in symphony?

there is no extension for radio button and label fields in symphony..

i am going to implement online quiz in symphony.. how to get implement it? any extensions for quiz and radio button and label fields?

Hi deivanai, if your request isn’t specifically about the forum then please open a new discussion for this.

Can’t login after registration process to activate account through link in activation email. Just refresh registration page…(http://trenim.ru/members/new/)

Which pages, data sourses answer for login process?

bauhouse comment #70 say “Try changing sym to tbl”. After I install Forum I get:

• databases with prefix sym_
  • in manifest/config.php ‘sym_prefix’ => ‘sym_’,
  • in extensions files
    (extension.driver.php and
    data-sources) sql-queries with ‘tbl’ (not sym)

So, while installing this ensemble create symphony with prefix ‘sym’. How does symfony work if there is differences in table prefixes, I mean how can she perform queries to ‘sym‘-tables (according extensions files) though there are ‘sym_’-tables in MySQL DB?

All queries in Symphony and extensions are written with the prefix sym_, but at runtime they are replaced to whatever you have as your sym_prefix value. 99% of users will have sym_ but we still refer to tables as sym_ for accuracy.