Search

This is a very cool feature!

Ah. So that mean one could set up a customer site, fill it with some data, create the Ensemble and have the customer run install.php and everything will be installed on this server? Nice.

That's correct :)

I've updated to revision 4 locally, but I'm still having troubles with the ZIP file. No problems at all on the production server. I am convinced there's got to be something wrong with my local set up, especially since no one else is experiencing this.

What if you grab MAMP and try that?

What if you grab MAMP and try that?

i'd second that. after hassling with setting up apache and php on my localhost, i said screw it and installed MAMP. since then, i haven't had any problems with setting up a bazillion "subdomains" on my localhost in MAMP.

OK. I've ruled out anything to do with my local server environment. I installed MAMP, set up a virtual host, changed the MySQL password, installed Symphony 2 Revision 4 with the default theme and clicked the Create Ensemble button. I found exactly the same result as with my default Apache, MySQL and PHP environment.

I've tried in Safari, Firefox, Opera. Same strange problem. I'm stumped.

Maybe the problem is related to OS X 10.5 "Leopard"? I am still using 10.4.11, and those ZIP archives work perfectly.

That's what I'm going to try next. At work, I'm running OS X 10.4, so I'll try that on Monday.

FYI, the "Create Ensemble" worked fine at work on OS X 10.4. So, something's up with home setup.

BTW, I love the clean install feature: Omit the workspace folder and you get to start fresh with a clean database and the workspace directory pre-populated with the following directories:

• data-sources
  • events
  • pages
  • utilities

Nice!

Hi Guyz,

Just new around here. But what i see i like! ;-)

Maybe this can help for find which tables you can delete:

I’m using aqua data (thats why there is the GO in the command): select concat(‘drop table ‘, TABLE_NAME, ‘\nGO’) from information_schema.TABLES where table_schema = ‘symphony’ and TABLE_NAME like ‘sym_entries_data_%’

you can also use: select concat(‘drop table ‘, TABLE_NAME, ‘;\n’) from information_schema.TABLES where table_schema = ‘symphony’ and TABLE_NAME like ‘sym_entries_data_%’

run the query and copy / paste the results to remove the data tables.