Search

… And then I wondered…

Yeah, i’ve been there.

Yeah, i’ve been there.

I’m the mayor ;)

So, I’ve gone ahead and started to move on by creating static pages. Having been clued into the Pages Field extension was useful and eliminated a bit of my obstacle. However, I’m still a bit stuck on how to get a datasource attached to the page that will filter my content down to the entries that are targeted to that page. Do I have to create a DS that is unique (and manually filtered) to each particular page?

You have to create a datasource for each static section (sections you want to relate to pages with the Pages Field) and add at least a Pages Field filter with {$current-page} as parameter. The $current-page parameter is a default Symphony parameter. You can see all parameters when you append ?debug=params to your frontend pages, provided that you have a backend session.

forehead slap

Of course, re: $current-page. I had the rest there, but I hadn’t put it together logically with that parameter.

I’m unstuck. Thanks!

You’re welcome!
Just for the sound of a nice forehead slap ;)

Don’t forget that if you have two pages with the same name then the {$current-page} (handle) will be the same. For example:

/about-us/
/corporate/foo/bar/about-us/

Both pages will have a handle of “about-us” so you might get the wrong content appearing on the second page. It might be safer to use the {$current-page-id} parameter which I believe the Pages Field will be able to use.