Search

Symphony got my vote!

I went for drupal 6.17. I f’ing love that platform.

I’m also a terrible liar.

Voted! Symphony is f’kn awesome.

Voted :-)

Got my vote.

he shoots, he scores, they win!!!

sorry got carried away, voted ;)

@wtdtan @newnoman et al: while Modernizr is really a great script it might be overkill if you just need to check a couple of things.

You can always use Mark Pilgrim’s (excellent) “The All-In-One Almost-Alphabetical No-Bullshit Guide to Detecting Everything” to detect if a browser supports certain functionality.

Also: voted… ;)

Nice job, Stephen. Happy to see that you used some of the language that I’ve been proposing. It looks good on Symphony :)

Sorry, I should have quoted you. For the record, these are Craig’s words:

Symphony CMS is not necessarily for casual bloggers or people who just want to get content on the web, but for people who are crafting experiences and spaces on the web, who care about the markup, care about the design, care about semantics, who care about doing things just so.

Sorry, I should have quoted you.

No, no worries. It was open source ;) Just happy to see it out there.

Open source words, I like it…

Do you have to staple a Creative Commons License to your face? lmao…

Every time I speak to Craig, he prefaces every sentence by reciting the entire CC license. While it takes a long time to get through a conversation, I do admire his tenacity.

Hehe. And his middle name is Talksalot. Or was it Writesalot?

Voted.

a little off topic, but @davidhund, i realize that modernizr is a bit heavy for some things. it all depends on what you’re trying to accomplish, i haven’t used it in a bit though. I have seen that diveintohtml5 site reference though, good reference. another good js libi am trying out is (eCSStender.js)[ecsstender.org]. This can be a little heavy as well, but it’s a nice way to be able to write standard css3 instead of needing to do write browser specific css properties. i think the key with this one is to separate your css3 from your normal css so then you can ignore the other files.

Packt Award finalists are out. No love for Symphony this year.

Boo. It’s all a big popularity contest anyway.

Agreed. If it was about quality of CMS and power Symphony would crush the others.

Voted.