Search

Hey Brendan, I’m going to be using the same workflow as you’ve described above, with a subsection manager as described. Is there any way to save the name of the gallery section entry in the image entry with a select box link, I need to be able to see which gallery entry each image is attached to in the images section…

I don’t get this to work. It uploads the files in the zip to the correct folder, but it fails to create the entries and the links in the subsection manager.

The error I get all the time is ‘No files were uploaded, 21 failed’.

Cannot get this to work in my MAMP environment.

chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted /Users/david/Sites/luechtringen.dev/extensions/bulkimporter/extension.driver.php line 290

285             General::realiseDirectory(DOCROOT . $field->get('destination'));
287             chmod(DOCROOT . $field->get('destination'), intval(0755, 8));
289             if(rename($file->location, DOCROOT . "/workspace" . $final_destination)) {
290                 chmod(DOCROOT . "/workspace" . $final_destination, intval(0755, 8));
291             }
293             $errors = array();

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

WARNING: 2 - call_user_func(extension_bulk-importer::about) [<a href='function.call-user-func'>function.call-user-func</a>]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in file /Users/www/httpdocs/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php on line 437

Has anyone gotten this extension to work? I'm trying to use it with a 2.1.2 Symphony installation on a machine with Apache 2.2 / PHP 5.3.

When I select my .zip file and choose the section I want to upload, I click on upload and it runs really fast, but it doesn't show that it uploaded anything... it basically just blanks the screen and brings back to the initial import page, but doesn't upoad anything.

I have to import a lot of PDF files from an existing site that I'm converting to Symphony.

Yeah apologies to all. I haven't found the time as yet to look at this extension for 2.2. There should be update to this extension be the end of next week.

@dingnz That's just a straight permissions error, you need set the permissions for the uploads folder

@into Not sure, what's your server specs? PHP/Apache. Is zip support enabled? I have knowingly used a PHP 5.3+ function in this code, it's on the todo list to create a 5.2 fallback.

@bzerangue You may be able to find out the true cause of the error using the code in this comment. Otherwise I'd suggest the usual debugging approach, turn display_errors on and let me know the result. I've never tested with PDF's before, but I can't think of why it would fail.

Bulk Importer updated to version 0.9.2 on 15th of March 2011

• Added fallback functions for PHP 5.2.x
  • Added support for Symphony 2.2 (not in the most elegant of ways)
  • Added support for the Bilink field
  • Fixed Github Issue #1

This is not the release I'm hoping for as the error information is still abstracted away, but it's as much as I've got time for just at the minute.

I hope to update again to 1.0 soon that will overhaul the UI for a better experience.

Bulk Importer updated to version 0.9.3 on 8th of June 2011

Have to give a huge wraps to @ahwayakchih for this release. He's created a exciting concept called bridges that allow you to bulk import images to the Subsection Manager field. A picture is always worth a 1000 words so I suggest checking it out.

This release also a number of fixes for PHP 5.2 and enables localisation.

Ouch, that looks cool!

I´m getting this error on every try:

ZipArchive::extractTo() [ziparchive.extractto]: Invalid or unitialized Zip object

An error occurred in /home/duhpcne/public_html/multiutilidadesmga/extensions/bulkimporter/extension.driver.php around line 325

320:                 $path = '/' . preg_replace('/.[^.]+$/', '', basename($uploadedZipPath));
    321:                 $this->extracted_archive = basename($path);
    322:                 if(!file_exists($this->extracted_directory . $path)) General::realiseDirectory($this->extracted_directory . $path);
    323:             }
    324:
    325:             $zipManager->extractTo($this->extracted_directory . $path);
    326:             $zipManager->close();
    327:
    328:             // Delete the zip file
    329:             General::deleteFile($uploadedZipPath); 

it imports the zip file, but does not create the entrys, any ideia of what could it be?

• What version of PHP are you running
  • What OS?
  • Does the error occur with different zip files?
  • Have you tried creating the zip(s) with a different program?

ok here you go:

• php: 5.2.9

Does the error occur with different zip files? Yep, i´ve tryed a few of them

Have you tried creating the zip(s) with a different program? Well i use Winrar, have not tryed to use any other one, but will

Thanks for looking into it.

Windows is your problem there ;o) None of this is officially supported on Windows, and therefore will more than likely error out at some point, as it has.

That said, from looking at the problem above, and without having the time to investigate for you, it looks to be related to how paths differ between *nix and windows systems.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll try and have a look for you later...

Sorry i think i did not understand correctly:

Is windows problem when the website is hosted on a windows plataform?

or when i´m using windows to administer my website?

And, remember i´m not on a testing enviroment, this website is live and hosted on a linux plataform.

And thanks for looking into it.

Ah, then windows doesn't come into it.

I install Bulk Importer extension, and make same section just like "Use Case" to try, get error message: (System -> Bulk Importer)

"There was an error locating a target field in the Images section"

But if I create Gallery Section, in that section use subsection manager -> Create New -> Bulk Importer, it works fine.

weird...

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Extension_BulkImporter' not found in /var/www/vhosts/perma.local/httpdocs/extensions/bulkimporter/content/content.ajaxsectioninfo.php on line 18, referer: http://perma.local/symphony/extension/bulkimporter/import/

This is the same error as above.

Hi Brendo, thanks for this great extension. just likewaste mobile and jstar above the bulk importer (0.9.3) when called from system>bulkimporter doesn't work, the ajax call gives a fatal error (missing class).

in order to make it work I had to explicitly include the class in content/content.ajaxsectioninfo.php:

require_once(EXTENSIONS . '/bulkimporter/extension.driver.php');

this is happening to me often lately with 2.2.5, as I ran into a similar problem with other extensions (ex. multilingualuploadfield), so I suspect that something in the core is responsible for it.

@nanymor: yes, this pretty much fixes the issue. Thanks!