Search

Here’s a nifty one: In the latest version of MAMP, you cannot access any page that’s not the root page of the site. When you try any other URL that’s not a direct link to a file you get a blank screen. This is true if you do, say, mysite.com/about/ or mysite.com/about/?debug.

I double-checked and it does this on both the GitHub release and the ZIP that was provided.

I am getting the following error in the log:

18 January 2011 17:55 > Warning: 2 - Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file [site root]/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.lang.php on line 336

Edit: Just a little follow-up to say that it only seems to do this when a specific datasource is applied to the page. If I apply that datasource to any other page that page will fail to load anything as well. I’m going to play around, though there doesn’t seem to be any real difference between that datasource and the others I’ve created.

Also, I have tried deleting and recreating the datasource with no luck.

Thank you for posting this. It’s already on the issue tracker, and we will have a beta3 soon.

Please post any bugs on the issue tracker if possible.

Beta 3:

Note that a change in the workspace repo has been reverted, so be sure to update that from its integration branch if you’re testing it.

I’m trying to get the Beta working with the language-redirect, but ex. www.mysite.com/nl/ is not working (Error 404), www.mysite.com/nl/home/ is working. I suppose there is an error in the automatically generated htaccess?

Symphony 2.2.x

Options +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /symphony22/

### DO NOT APPLY RULES WHEN REQUESTING "favicon.ico"
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} favicon.ico [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [S=14]

### IMAGE RULES 
RewriteRule ^image/(.+.(jpg|gif|jpeg|png|bmp))$ extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/image.php?param=$1 [L,NC]

### CHECK FOR TRAILING SLASH - Will ignore files
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*)/$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1/ [L,R=301]

### URL Correction
RewriteRule ^(symphony/)?index.php(/.*/?) $1$2 [NC]

### ADMIN REWRITE
RewriteRule ^symphony/?$ index.php?mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING} [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^symphony(/(.*/?))?$ index.php?symphony-page=$1&mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING}   [NC,L]

### LANGUAGE REDIRECT RULES start
RewriteRule ^(nl|en)-?()?/(.*/?)$ index.php?language=$1&region=$2&symphony-page=$3&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
### LANGUAGE REDIRECT RULES end

### FRONTEND REWRITE - Will ignore files and folders
RewriteRule ^(.*/?)$ index.php?symphony-page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}    [L]

#

2.2beta4:

A Note to Testers

Symphony 2.2 introduces a number of changes that may break extension compatibility. These betas are provided for core testing purposes only, so don’t be surprised if your favorite extensions don’t work yet.

We’ll be making a big push for developers to get all their extensions updated during the release candidate period.

A Note to Extension Developers

We’ll be packaging the first release candidate within the next week. Please prepare to update your extensions for 2.2 compatibility during the RC period.

We’ll continue to post developer notes to the blog to inform you of the notable changes to Symphony 2.2’s codebase. So far:

I tried installing beta 4 on my MAMP setup. Everything seemed to go fine with install (log looks good) and the front-end works fine, however, I am not able to access the /symphony/ backend pages. Is anyone else experiencing this, not sure whether to log this as a bug?

EDIT: The log in screen doesn’t even show up, it is a white screen with no source code.

EDIT: When I change my URL to http://localhost/sym22b4/symphony/publish/messages/ then I get the log in screen and am able to login. Once I’m logged in, going to /symphony/ by itself works fine and I am redirected appropriately. However, when I go to “Log Out” I get a blank screen and am never actually logged out.

Did you install from Git or Zip? There was an issue with the Zip file originally.

I installed from zip. I can confirm after retesting that this is still happening from the zip posted above. I did download the Github version and was able to get into the backend with no issues.

I can confirm the blank logout screen (without being logged out actually) if there is an extension that needs to be updated. So I guess this new functionality introduced some issues.

I did some more tests. The blank screen problems which TheJester12 describes are caused by the “extension update hint” functionality in combination with no less than 3 extensions which need to be updated. So obviously the install.sql has outdated version numbers! These extensions are:

• Maintenance Mode
  • Export Ensemble
  • Field: Select Box Link

Issue #523

This is issue #519.

Yeah, Nick already posted this on the issue tracker. Sorry for the duplicate.

No need to apologise. Two reports of the same bug is better than it not being reported at all :-)