Search

Work Around: Fieldtype = Select Box

For whatever reason, when the Reference Link Field type is set to autocomplete input one cannot post arrayed values to the database from the front end only the [0] key gets posted.

If you change the field type to select menu then the entire array is posted to the db from the front end.

select menu

Attachments:
Aviary pcpc-local Picture 1.png

Reference Link field updated to version 1.3.3 on 28th of October 2010

• Fix for the front-end saving problem above and for improper handling of required fields

Reference Link field updated to version 1.3.4 on 1st of November 2010

• Bugfix and German localization courtesy of Nils Werner (phoque)

The version number is wrong, still shows 1.3.3 in the README and in the extension driver.

Yes, would’ve been good to actually commit that change. Thanks Michael. Fixed now.

Reference Link field updated to version 1.3.5 on 3rd of November 2010

• Another bugfix courtesy of Nils Werner (phoque)

Reference Link field updated to version 1.3.6 on 4th of November 2010

• Fix for a bug introduced by the last bugfix, all courtesy of Nils Werner (phoque) ;)

Hush! :-)

Reference Link field updated to version 1.3.7 on 9th of February 2011

Love this plugin. Thanks for updating this for Symphony 2.2, found a bug though.

Craig, what would you think about implementing a "wildcard" functionality (so typing "*" would show all entries)?

Maybe even better: Clicking in the search field shows all entries, but they are filtered if you start typing.

That's precisely the sort of functionality I had in mind for something I've been trying to get Nils to build ;)

I'll look into this for the next release...

is there a way to get the number of entries associated with each item from a data source?

Craig, there's another thing that came to my mind: The maximum number of items in the result list is set to 10 by default. It would be great if this number was configurable.

Sure... what I'd really like to do is have this extension use the REST API to do the search live. Not sure how soon I'll get around to it though :-/

I like having everything in the DOM, because it makes the interface very snappy. :-)

Hey Craig, sorry to be annoying, I love this extension though. Any chance you could take a look at this bug? It still exists with the newest versions of everything. Thanks a bunch.

Will try to look at it early this week.

Hey folks. At brendo's prodding (and with some of his code), I've been putting together a version of Reference Link that fetches options asynchronously when the field type is set to autocomplete. The most obvious benefit of course being that it doesn't need to obey any limits on the number of options that can be shown.

The basic functionality is more or less working. There are a few niggling JS hiccups (e.g. clearing the input after selection) and styling issues (e.g. dropdown position) that need to be ironed out, but it's definitely test-able. So if you're interested, have at it:

https://github.com/czheng/referencelink/tree/dev