Search

Booodiful! does your JS Section Hierarchy Extension handle the resave of Parent field? i.e. if you re-order using drag? If not, do you think it's feasable? cos it would be ace...

We could tap into > Resave Entries and use reflection field to grab the edited slug maybe?

I'm using Resave entries to listen on edit and index page for any changes to order and it triggers a resave of all entries in section.. so as hierarchy changes may be maintained from index without having to enter the Entry just to update the parent... just some further musings :)

Great article by the way!

I change the static page to 'home' so that my root page without a parent resolved to my home page in the section when there is no param in url.. works a treat!

Thanks for the above also, installing and testing.

You're welcome;

I usually keep it static; because then I use a separate Symphony Template for the homepage; full of widgets etc.

What I do usually is a Symphony template for Static (generic static stuff) + Home + All others with custom datasources. I would still use my pages section for the latter stuff. What's important that the Symphony Pages mimic the same hierarchy as the section, and use same handles.

So you could have a prices page with a unique template; yet use the pages section to define the SEO Title & Meta.

Also if you set up the {$url-draft} when setting an article to unpublished you can add ?draft=no and see all the draft pages.

As for the parent re-save, it's more then possible. The trick is knowing which parent to use; Every Drag & Drop you would need to have an option to select which parent you want. (the page on top of it, its parent or it's parent's parent?) in some cases all 3 might be feasible options. Maybe adding some custom buttons to change it could be a possibility (most likely wouldn't use re-save entries but custom update/triggers)