Search

As a total novice--illiterate compared to forum users--I haven't been able to figure out why my site is broken after updating to 2.3.3: http://teoballve.com (I've tried re-doing update several times.)

I've looked in the forum and googled to try to find a solution, but I haven't found any clues as to what I should/can do.

Still, the install said my update was successful, but my site is not showing up. In Chrome I get "Server Error" while Safari and FF just show a blank page.

At worst, I'll just restore my site from before the update and run my old version of Symphony.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Can you see what is in your server’s/webhost’s error logs?

@thebestsophist Thanks for the response! Here's what it says:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function isLoggedIn() on a non-object in [my root directory]/workspace/events/event.login.php on line 44

It repeats this several times. Any clue what it means? What I should do?

Thanks again!

If it helps, line # 44 of that event.login.php file is:

else $loggedin = $this->_Parent->isLoggedIn();

It would be helpful to know, the version of Symphony you had before the update. Also weather you tried to update all the extensions that you had bundled along.

I'm guessing you are using an older version of the /workspace with the Login event.

The Login event no longer exists as it was replaced with a datasource.

@gunglien: I think the earlier version was 2.0

@brendo: I saw that forum thread and tried removing the login event and adding the author datasource. And it didn't work. Do I need to add all of 2.3's other datasources as well?

You can't just add bits and peices, the codebase changed a lot between 2.0 and 2.3, so a full upgrade is advisable.

Thanks for the help everyone. OK, so I've upgraded the core Workspace files and removed the event.login.php file.

At least now I'm actually getting an error message:

Symphony Fatal Error: Could not find Event login. If it was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled.
An error occurred in /home5/username/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.eventmanager.php around line 188
    183         public static function create($handle, array $env = null){
    184             $classname = self::__getClassName($handle);
    185             $path = self::__getDriverPath($handle);
    187             if(!is_file($path)){
    188                 throw new Exception(
    189                     __('Could not find Event %s.', array('<code>' . $handle . '</code>'))
    190                     . ' ' . __('If it was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled.')
    191                 );
    192             }
    Backtrace
    [/home5/username/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:703]
        EventManager::create();
    [/home5/username/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:417]
        FrontendPage->processEvents();
    [/home5/username/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:185]
        FrontendPage->__buildPage();
    [/home5/username/public_html/symphony/lib/core/class.frontend.php:103]
        FrontendPage->generate();
    [/home5/username/public_html/index.php:22]
        Frontend->display();
    Database Query Log
    [0.0003] SET character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8';
    [0.0001] SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';
    [0.0001] SET time_zone = '-06:00';
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE t1.name, t2.page, t2.delegate, t2.callback FROM `sym_extensions` as t1 INNER JOIN `sym_extensions_delegates` as t2 ON t1.id = t2.extension_id WHERE t1.status = 'enabled' ORDER BY t2.delegate, t1.name;
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE `session_data` FROM `sym_sessions` WHERE `session` = 'phcke40174i43q0tadk6fs0in6' LIMIT 1;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `p`.* FROM `sym_pages` AS `p` LEFT JOIN `sym_pages_types` AS `pt` ON (p.id = pt.page_id) WHERE `pt`.type = 'index';
    [0.0001] SELECT SQL_CACHE type FROM `sym_pages_types` AS pt WHERE pt.page_id = 64 GROUP BY pt.type ORDER BY pt.type ASC;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `name` FROM `sym_extensions` WHERE `status` = 'enabled';
Attachments:
Fatal Error Message.rtf

Any ideas out there on how I could fix the event login error stuff?

Do you have the Logged In Author datasource?

alt text

@bzerangue: Thanks! Yes, I do. It's on the server, but I can't access the symphony CMS pages either (they are either blank (in FF and Safari) or a "Server Error" (in Chrome). My primary page teoballve.com gives me the fatal error cited above.

I'm just going to restore my website as it was before I tried upgrade and then try the upgrade again, but this time making sure I delete the event login and making sure I also upload the workspace files. Fingers crossed.

Did you remove the event from any pages before you deleted it? If not, go into the database and look for sym_pages, and in the events column, look for the logged in event name. There should be no need for a complete re-install.

Thanks designmonkey: I had upgraded from a restore of my site and seems to have fixed that issue by deleting login events .

But now I have a new problem (it seems to never end):

Symphony Warning: Missing argument 1 for fieldSectionlink::__construct(), called in /home5/colombi8/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.fieldmanager.php on line 534 and defined

An error occurred in /home5/colombi8/public_html/symphony/lib/toolkit/fields/field.sectionlink.php around line 7

3     if(!defined('__IN_SYMPHONY__')) die('<h2>Symphony Error</h2><p>You cannot directly access this file</p>');
5     Class fieldSectionlink extends Field{
7         function __construct(&$parent){
8             parent::__construct($parent);
9             $this->_name = 'Section Link';
10         }

Line 7 is the one highlighted.

I feel like I should give up. Any help out there? Thanks for the patience out there. :

This looks like an old extension/pre 2.3 code. The '&parent' reference was removed in 2.3 I believe. Just remove the 2 references to '&parent' or try looking for 2.3.3 compatible extension.

If you are upgrading from 2.0, you'll have to do this version by version (2.1, 2.2, 2.3) because of extension incompatibilities. Section Link for example has been replaced by Select Box Link in 2.0.7. You'll have to move to the newer extension first. Also make sure that all needed extensions still exist.

Ah, I'd forgotten about the Section Link et al.

OK, thanks everyone. I'll try Nils' advice and suggested thread and will post results.