Search

This is an experimental try to provide a basic version of WYMEditor with a custom skin for Symphony. Version 0.1 beta can be found at GitHub. Feel free to try it.

Editor

Editor

Add a link

Add a link

Drop files from Mediathek 2.0 beta

Drop a file

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Cheers mate!

Yay for art historians! You guys rock!

Yay for art historians!

I should never have said that …

This is hot :) Nice work!

Brilliant.

Yay for art historians!

I should never have said that …

Yep, this will be fun for a long time!

Paths are a little off for me. Had to change WYMEditor to wymeditor, and the path for the CSS was wrong. Still haven’t gotten the icons to display…

Paths are a little off for me. Had to change WYMEditor to wymeditor …

Sorry about that - my mistake while creating the GitHub repository.

… and the path for the CSS was wrong. Still haven’t gotten the icons to display…

What’s wrong about the path? It should be Symphony.WEBSITE + '/extensions/wymeditor/assets/skin/

Yeah it wasn’t that in the version I just checked out from Git. It was:

Administration::instance()->Page->addStylesheetToHead(URL . '/extensions/wymeditor/lib/wymeditor/skins/skin.css', 'screen', 200, false);

Instead of:

Administration::instance()->Page->addStylesheetToHead(URL . '/extensions/wymeditor/assets/skin/skin.css', 'screen', 200, false);

Also, the CSS rules aren’t working. They all rely on a .wym_buttons class that doesn’t seem to exist in the document. I think it needs to be replaced in various laces by .wym_tools and .wym_containers

Okay, the first one is a typo. Concerning the second issue: Does the extension add the file /extensions/wymeditor/assets/symphony.wymeditor.js?

I pushed some corrections to GitHub.

Yes it does.

As far as the styles, in skin.css, replacing .wym_buttons with .wym_tools and replacing .wym_dropdown with .wym_containers gets me 95% of the way there… Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work though…

As far as the styles, in skin.css, replacing .wym_buttons with .wym_tools and replacing .wym_dropdown with .wym_containers gets me 95% of the way there… Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to work though…

.wym_buttons is the correct class the editor should use. It sounds like you’ve got problems with symphony.wymeditor.js.

What browser and operating system are you using?

I just did a clean install with the GitHub files and it’s working just fine in Safari and Firefox (Mac OS X).

There are four files added to the head of the admin area:

1. /extensions/wymeditor/assets/skin/skin.css
  2. /extensions/wymeditor/assets/skin/skin.js
  3. /extensions/wymeditor/lib/wymeditor/jquery.wymeditor.js
  4. /extensions/wymeditor/assets/symphony.wymeditor.js

There’s a div with the following classes attached, that contains the buttons:

wym_tools wym_section wym_buttons

I just did another clean install as well. All four of those files are added, but still no luck (FF 3.5.2 on Linux). The classes .wym_buttons and .wym_dropdown are never added. It appears those come from skin.js

It appears those come from skin.js…

You’re right. Do you get any errors in the javascript console?

Yup. Chokes on the first line of skin.js:

WYMeditor is not defined

Swapping the order of the two JS files fixed it:

Administration::instance()->Page->addScriptToHead(URL . '/extensions/wymeditor/assets/skin/skin.js', 202, false);

Administration::instance()->Page->addScriptToHead(URL . '/extensions/wymeditor/lib/wymeditor/jquery.wymeditor.js', 201, false);

Still don’t get the fancy link dialog though. And the words ‘Containers’ and ‘Links’ are still wrapped in curly braces.