Search

maybee your server have not enough ram to allokate. when you calculate your need according to this, a value like

php_value memory_limit 256M

in your .htaccess should fix this.

Yep, it was with this memory_limit. I could change it in PHP's configuration.

Thanks moma a lot.

But still curious, if this restraint can be catched program wise or alike.

sorry, my english isn't good enough to understand this question.

did you mean to clac the ram consumption bevor starting the gd prozess?

Huh, that goes a bit beyond my scratchy PHP knowledge :)

In any case, I ment if this memmory_limit issue occurs, to report it in a user error message instead of a silent hang. Happens I mentioned this in this issue, related to this memory_limit, and friends commented it there.

Would it be possible to add watermarking to JIT images?

Sure you could build that. But it's a very special feature, so it probably wouldn't make sense in the official JIT extension.

i just upgraded my symphony install from 2.3.2 => 2.3.3 along with this extension but now all of my images are returning 500 errors.

http://site.com/v2/image/2/153/360/1/images/products/sub1/sub2/file-5208590d7bf92.png 500 (Internal Server Error) 

This was obviously working prior to upgrading. Also, when I revert my changes, the images start to work again.

I checked the logs but I see nothing in there for these errors. Any clues on how to debug this?

Digging into my issue some more, i'm finding that the Image::renderOutputHeaders($meta->type); call (which is in jit_image_manipulation/lib/class.image.php) is causing this output issue. Within that method, the first thing it calls is the php built-in ob_clean() method. When I comment that one line out, the image appears. So any idea why that might be the case?

Can you uncomment this line and try again. It should return an error message to aid with debugging.

@Pat there has been a branch with watermarking support in 2011. Not sure if it’s possible to pick up that work and include it in the current version.

Is it possible or wanted to ad a pre- and a post-prozessing delegate to JIT. Even if I try o write an extension for watermarking, I don't know how to at this to In the prozessing way of JIT between request and Image::display().

with a prepresession delegate, image transforms or memory checks like wanted here could be easy made to.

Up to now, the main JIT process (i.e. image request/response) doesn't need Symphony's classes/objects at all (apart from using the gateway class), and therefore is rather light-weight. If we wanted to use Symphony's delegates, wouldn't JIT (and/or the additional logic hooking into the delegates) need to require much more Symphony code? All image requests would be slower, heavier processes then — that can't be good for performance.

yes indeed. so might you don't understand the point I try to emphasize. Or I 'm complete wrong with this.

I don't want use symphonys delegates, only a possibility to add code in the JIT prozess.

no db lockup, no testing extensions wether fitting or not, nore running through extension tree, only a table, might as config-file, were callbacks(?) can be registerd, especially for JIT.

So that the JIT code could stay clean, when you wan't to add timemesuring for JITmanuipulations, Mem testing(as mentioned), watermaring, bluring and what all the things might be funny.

Ah, so you would like JIT to have its own small delegate system! But still, any solution would need a lookup of some sort, either filesystem or database, which would mean a little overhead for each and every JIT request on every Symphony website. (I admit that I can't say how big the negative effect might be in the end.)

@animaux: I can’t find the link to the actual repo?

Also, is there any solution to the iPhone rotation problem? Users are uploading photos that show up sideways because of this problem.

@Pat I think this is the one.

yes, michael-e, that's what i though of. when my watzermark app seem to be done, I'll think over that problem an post a suggest of config file for JIT delegates.

happy new year to all, by the way.

Digging into my issue some more, i'm finding that the Image::renderOutputHeaders($meta->type); call (which is in jitimagemanipulation/lib/class.image.php) is causing this output issue. Within that method, the first thing it calls is the php built-in ob_clean() method. When I comment that one line out, the image appears. So any idea why that might be the case?

Github issue: The image [...] cannot be displayed because it contains an error

@Pat have you made any efforts regarding watermarking in JIT?

To the JIT-developers: what would be the starting point für adding watermarking in the current version?

On the other hand (might have asked this somewhere else before): would it be possible to write EXIF or IPTC data into a JIT-created file?

I am currently working on an image library.

When processing an animated gif with JIT, I get a static image and I lose the animation. Doesn't JIT support animated gifs or is there a trick?