Search

Are you grouping on an input field?

I just had group by title set from within the datasource. I’m quite new to symphony so sorry if that’s not what you’re asking. Btw this is using the latest RC Thanks

Don’t worry about being new, everyone was once :)

I’ll take a stab and say that you are using the default Symphony workspace provided in the install?

Regardless, I think the root of your problem has actually been fixed in this commit which has fortunately made it into Symphony 2.1. Try updating to this latest version and see if your problem has been resolved!

hi there i got the links select box vlues limited to 13 chars so on creating section I get displayed smth like Titleofthe_…

But i want to get full value i.e. Titleoftheitemi_need

What can be done abuot that?

13 characters sounds like an odd limit. I can’t recall anywhere where this truncation occurs to such a short string. Could you post a screenshot?

maybe I mistook that that’s 15, anyway here’s the screenshot

Attachments:
screen712.jpg

What is the field type from the section that is loaded into the SBL?

Text box field

That’ll be it, try increasing the limiting that you set when you configure that field in the section.

What could be wrong when in the sectionmanager, a selectbox link doesn’t show all sections that are available?

I have it ignoring one section, and that is the section i need! I cannot find an answer on this forum ….

Got it … well … seems like a bug to me! I had a section with only a file upload, a date and a subsection manager field … Those cannot be “bound” by a selectbox-link field so that section doesnt display…

That sucks, i had to create a textfield fiels that i will never iuse just to get the link back …

Zimmen, I’ve opened a new bug on the tracker to discuss this.

#439 Should Date and Upload field types be linkable for Select Box Link fields?

Now then guys, Filtering is hunkydory with:

url/, url/industry, url/industry/articles —> all working fine.

However if industry consists of just numerics only I get the old ‘no records found’.

I’m in 2.06 with the latest SBL. I’ve tried it with the TextBox extension too. I was just toying with the existing filtering/url parameters for another site so just thought I would let you all know.

I’m assuming you’re not using datasource chaining but filtering by the SBL field in one single DS.

If the param is a text, it will filter by the SBL value. If it’s a number, it will filter by the IDs. If your title consists only of numbers you’ll probably have to resort to said datasource chaining (filter by Title in the linked section, return all entry IDs, then filter by those in your original DS).

Yep I am filtering through a single DS. Ah I gotcha, datasource chaining is the way to go, that makes sense thanks.

Edit: Ignore this: my mistake- I'm working off the wrong branch

I updated a Symphony 2.1.2 install to Symphony 2.2 and everything appears to be working great so far, with the exception of a few extensions. One error that I'm getting has to do with the Select Box Link field extension.

I get the following error when I try to edit a section:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method fieldSelectBox_Link::appendShowAssociationCheckbox() in /Users/stephen/Sites/domain7/team-update/extensions/selectbox_link_field/fields/field.selectbox_link.php on line 537

Line 537 of the field.selectbox_link.php file is this:

$this->appendShowAssociationCheckbox($div);

If I comment out this line, I can edit sections again. I searched the extension and the Symphony core and this method does not exist.

Really? I can see it here.

edit: nevermind, I missed the bold important bit of your post ;)

hi,

How to get filtered datasource result based on an optional selectbox link = null (it works when I filter based on an id value) : I wanna get all entries where no link has been affected?

Use sql: NULL as your filter.

tx it works :)

is there an alias to it ?

cos having for a page parameters :

www.yourwebsite.com/pageName/value1/sql:NULL/value3

isn't so cool :P