Search

Great :-) I've updated the title of this thread to match.

Thanks, kanduvisla!

Yeah, now I just hope that I renamed everything correctly (also the database tables, class and stylesheets are renamed for example).

If anyone experiences any weird behaviour that could be caused by this, please let me know!

I installed it fresh, so I don't await any problems. :-)

I really like the new name and the new navigation item. The whole thingie looks like "how could I ever live without this?"

added a bug for you =)

in conjunction with nick's "search index", the "Search Index" menu is not disabled when giving a "guest" user visible rights to one section. Within that menu, the user can also modify/create the "synonyms".

Amazing extension Giel!

Although, the checkbox for hiding fields does not seem to work in my installation...

I posted the issue on GitHub. There is another issue waiting in the bugtracker.

@kanduvisla: Do you prefer GitHub or the Symphony bugtracker to post issues?

Simply super. Thanks for your labor.

Also posted the field hiding issue on github. Path to javascript file is worng.

Found another one :D

Attachments:
author_roles_labug.png

I really like this extension and I have a feature request:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the author role displayed as extra column in the author overview at /symphony/system/authors/? This would help me a lot when checking if the roles are set correctly.

Is this related to this?

Related in which way?

Fabulous extension! An extension like this should ship within Symphony!

There is just something i think should be implemented: The control of System menu. This would be very very nice. Lots of extensions bring new itens to the System menu. Sometimes the client should not see the Authors or any other System menu.

@renan_santos

Lots of extensions bring new itens to the System menu.

You can always change the navigation group of an extension ... Just edit the php file.

@vladG

Thanks! I don't know php but i browsed some extension.driver.php files and found some good things. I guess i can make it! I can also limit to developer :D

@kanduvisla is there any way this extension could add a parameter in the data returned to any page with the current users "Author Role"? That would be super helpful, thanks!

I've submitted an issue where the Author is duplicated into the "Authors with this role" list when the author is re-saved.

It's only a small visual glitch, but still ;)

I needed to prevent deletion of entries by authors for the first time in my current project. Author Roles does the job, and more, very nicely. Thanks!