Search

And now when viewing an extension page you can quickly see compatibility. If the developer has properly tagged each release, the version numbers link to these tags on Github to allow you to download a zip file at that version.

http://symphonyextensions.com/extensions/order_entries/

Nice!

The Device Categorizr extension shows red for 2.3.0. Its release:

<release version="0.1" date="2012-03-01" min="2.2"/>

To show that it works with 2.3, do I need to add 2.3 as a max attribute? Or should I create a new release (I'm going to bump the extension to version 1 anyway) that has 2.3 as min?

Just as a general note: there are more extensions compatible with 2.3 already but the compatible versions are not pushed to master yet (keep in mind that 2.3 has not been released yet). Have a look on Github, if there are special branches for 2.3.

Ideally the max attribute should mark when compatibility breaks. However if you have a release that is compatible with both 2.2 and 2.3 lines, set min to 2.2 and max to 2.3. The site logic assumes that if you have a min of 2.2 and no max, that the extension is compatible with all Symphony versions in the 2.2.x line, but not the next major release (2.3).

That said, if you're planning on making a 1.0 release that is compatible with Symphony 2.3 only (e.g. removing the about() method from the driver etc.) then you can probably just use:

<release version="1.0" date="2012-05-01" min="2.3"/>
<release version="0.1" date="2012-03-01" min="2.2"/>

... and ignore the max altogether. This means that users will be recommended v0.1 if they are using Symphony 2.2.0 to 2.2.5, and recommended 1.0 if using 2.3(.x).

The assumption is generally that most extensions will need updating to 2.3, and would therefore break backwards compatibility. I think you may be in the minority having an extension with a release that is compatible with both 2.2.x and 2.3.x :-)

keep in mind that 2.3 has not been released yet

Not long now ;-)

That's why I'm currently updating Subsection Manager ;)

Thanks; have removed the about function and set 2.3 as min.

I added a sym-2.2.x tag to the previous commit as I don't think it's worth a branch in my tiny extension's case.

Not long now ;-)

Which reminds me... I still have an extension to update :)

Great site! There's one thing that I would love to see on each extension's page, and that's the link to its dedicated forum thread. Save me having to search it. I know I'm being greedy.

Excellent suggestion. The metadata schema says you can include a discuss link, but at the moment I don't render that on the site. I'm not sure how many extensions have this, but I shall add support in the next update.

We're up to 200 extensions! Congratulations to Tony Arnold for reaching the milestone for us :-) Only about 100 to go before we've migrated all of them...

Very cool. Thank you, Nick.

BTW: How often is the GitHub API read?

How often is the GitHub API read

One extension is updated every two minutes, meaning 30 will be refreshed each hour, therefore it will now take almost 7 hours to refresh every repository on the site. So each repo will be refreshed 3-4 times a day.

OK, thanks!

There's an issue with the compatibility information. See for Limit Section Entries for example.

There necessary info exists in extension.meta.xml but it's misinterpreted.

Edit:

I changed the name of the extension and updated this post accordingly. The problem persists.

@nick

Section Entries extension doesn't exist on it's home page (GitHub) any longer. Will it be remove automatically from symphonyextensions.com?

section_entries removed.

There's an issue with the compatibility information. See for Limit Section Entries for example. There necessary info exists in extension.meta.xml but it's misinterpreted.

I can see this in the XML file:

<release version="1.0" date="2012-05-18" min="2.3">

And it looks to be correctly displayed on the site as being compatible with v2.3 only, suggesting v1.0. Can you spot something I cannot?

@nickdunn

I knew I should have taken a snapshot .. It's the message: "This extension doesn't offer any compatibility info ... etc etc ... You can send an issue ... etc". I think it appears only until the extension has been refreshed.

See test_ext. See the screenshot in attachment.

After you took notice, you can safely remove the extension and notify me so I can remove from GitHub as well.

Attachments:
the_error.png

I think it appears only until the extension has been refreshed.

Correct, there's a whole load of caching going on and this won't update until they refresh :-)

test_ext removed.

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Symphony • Open Source XSLT CMS

Server Requirements

  • PHP 5.3-5.6 or 7.0-7.3
  • PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)
  • MySQL 5.5 or above
  • An Apache or Litespeed webserver
  • Apache's mod_rewrite module or equivalent

Compatible Hosts

Sign in

Login details