Search

@Makenosound: I fixed the bug and sent a pull request to skeary. Feel free to use my fork:

http://github.com/michael-e/page_fields/tree/master

@michael-e: Thanks! Would’ve done that myself but, uh, I got lazy I think. Cheers.

@Makenosound: I improved the messages displayed upon successfull saving/creating of an entry, which must not be the standard messages (because those will link to ‘all entries’ etc.).

I’ve sent more pull requests to Simon. Hope they will be heard.

First of all: I LOVE this extension!

The only thing; If I set a menu label that already exists, it does not merge the two labels, but it just creates a new one next to it (so there would be two identical labels/buttons)

Should I file a bug for this?

I would see this as a bug. But I am not sure if skeary still cares for the extension, because he didn’t react on my GitHub pull request.

Hmm, too bad.. Ah well, if I really need this for a project I will improve the extension. There is no rush ;)

BTW: I have been using the Static Section Field extension as an alternative. I found it simpler to “repair”, because it is integrated into Symphony more natively. But it looks like it is the same thing there – knupska has not been active in the forum for a long time, nor has he cared for some bugs I posted on GitHub.

I am thinking about putting an independent fork of the Static Section Field extension on GitHub.

Both extensions are very useful indeed, because they solve the “static content” issue.

I’m still very much alive and around, just overly sleep deprived. You can find out more details in the Static Section Field extension thread

Even though this extensions datasource isn’t added to my page, it is still present in the xml output.

Is this expected behavior?

I didn’t think the Pages Field provides a Data Source, just a field.

Yeah, as it is providing fields attached to pages, there’s a custom datasource to pull those fields for each page. It seems to be auto linked to all pages using a delegate, whether I select it in the datasources box on each page, or via Quick DS.

I’m just being pedantic really, don’t like datasource output if I don’t need it…

Oh, PS, Nick your thinking of ‘Pages Field’, this is the ‘Page Fields’ lol.

The approach of this extension is how I imagined the creation of new static pages would work when I first discovered Symphony.

It's a great stab at an approach to building static pages from templates. Not sure where's the best place to post comments on UI of Symphony in the future, but in "my head" it makes sense that Blueprints > Pages should become Blueprints > Templates cos that's what they are to me. Now there might be a lot of comeback from that line, granted but what do people think? For larger more user/editor managed sites without much configuration and templating, Static pages is the only drawback of Symphony for me.

EDIT this Explains where I was thinking : Nick Dunn's reply to this thread mentions a concept that would put Symphony above all others as a choice for clients large and small:

Blockquote

Blockquote> That said, the splitting of Pages from their XSL was a move in the right direction. I’m wondering whether in the future a Developer can define page “Templates” (XSLT or groups of config options, like which DS/Events are attached) so that one can create new pages conforming to a pre-defined template. This could be a confusing feature however, since it muddies the waters between an item-based CMS and a page-based CMS.Blockquote

So, did the Page Fields extension die?

So, did the Page Fields extension die?

Nope. :-)

I know Page Fields is quite an old extension... but I have it installed on an old symphony 2.1.2 website and I need to upgrade symphony to 2.2.5 The problem is the extension doesn't work under 2.2.5, at least for me... the main issues are:

1. It doesn't make the pages menu, so the page are not editable
  2. it show the pages section in the section menu (named link PAGE FIELDS SECTION 64) and these should be hidden
  3. It breaks: blueprints/pages (white page if you click on a page name); blueprints/component (white page), you can edit events, datasurce and utilities if you use a direct link to the item
  4. using "Events, Datasources & Utilities Indexes" extension I can access to the list and edit Events and Utilitis, but I get a white page if I try to go to the datasurce list page...
  5. white page in the frontend!!!

Could you give me some advice???

Thanks a lot Daniele

Make sure you're using 1.4.1, which supports Symphony 2.2.5 :)

Thanks brendo but I'm speaking about Page Fields not Pages Field Are not 2 different extension? thanks daniele