Search

Announcing Symphony 2.0.8RC3. Zip link is there.

@bzerangue: You bet. But:

1. I am lazy.
  2. I like to check the ZIP downloads (because I am sure that many new Symphony users don’t want to use GitHub)

Found a bug. It’s an old one, but it’s a bug.

:-)

@michael-e: luckily it’s not a bug, but just human error when creating the zip for download. I forgot to update the install.sql file. Should be okay now.

Approved. Installation of the new ZIP version went very smoothly, and it works like a charm. I will try and update some websites soon.

@Alistair: Thank you!

@everybodyElse: Please try it! I think that we are very very close to the final 2.0 release.

I’m all excited! Sad I know…

I rolled out Symphony 2.0.8 RC3 on seven different Symphony 2 websites today without any issues.

[EDIT]: The few core hacks I had to introduce are connected to Symphony’s email functionality. All the other hacks which I needed in older Symphony versions are obsolete now. I am happy with this version. (I agree with Nils — it seems a good idea to call it 2.1 in the end.)

Seeing this issue wouldn’t it be a good idea to release Symphony 2.0.8RC3 as Symphony 2.1 (see here) as is now and correct the outstanding bugs in minor point releases over the next weeks? RC3 seems to be really stable and it seems to fix the mentioned issue.

I’ve updated most of my sites to 2.0.8RC3 at this point. I haven’t had any new issues.

I third that, I have been developing on RC3 and have no issues as of yet.

Ditto. This site is running RC3 comfortably.

Hi All, can anyone advise how to upgrade a site / roll out this version to existing Symphony sites (2.0.6)

Thanks,

Andy

Seems the ZIP download of RC3 does not work, I get a Page Not Found error when following the link from the blog post.

But 2.0.8 is perhaps very close to actual release now?