Search

Did you update from a previous version? Can you look in your database for the sym_fields_order_entries table and tell me what columns (fields) it has? It should have:

• id
  • field_id
  • force_sort (added in Order Entries 1.6)
  • hide (added in Order Entries 1.8)

Try Disable/Renabling the extension.

Ensure that the column is actually being sorted on the section entry index page (you’ll see drag to reorder next to the Section name if it is.)

Uninstalling and then re-enabling the extension fixed it. I checked the database for the sym_fields_order_entries table and it was not present before said re-enabling.

in 2.0.7 RC1 dragging of first entry does not work. Firebug shows error:

target.prev().offset() is null

in line:

movable.min = Math.min(b, a + (target.prev().offset().top || -Infinity));

I’ve changed that line to:

movable.min = Math.min(b, a + (target.prev().offset() ? target.prev().offset().top : -Infinity));

and works now :)

Cheers icek. I’ve fixed a similar problem in the Symphony core (locally) but forgot I used the same code in Order Entries. I’ll issue a new release shortly.

For some reason, the order extension does not work for me (2.07).

Everything goes well, until I try to order the columns. I think the erros is caused by a bug in the admin.js, because firefox keeps wining about string is not defined (line 46)

insert: function(string, tokens) {
                $.each(tokens, function(index, value) { 
                    string = string.replace('{$' + index + '}', value);
                });
                return string;
            },

I think the error is really strange, because string is a parameter in the function, so it SHOULD be set..

Any help?

I think s.th. strange has happened. The Publish filtering extension stopped working as well after I upgraded one site from RC2 to 2.0.7.

The Publish filtering extension stopped working as well after I upgraded one site from RC2 to 2.0.7

Hm, it works for me using Symphony 2.0.7.

The GitHub commit that you linked above solves this problem as well!

Thanks, that did the trick.

Am I hitting a bug here, or missing a required prereq of setup?

I enabled the extension in 2.0.7 and added the order field to an existing section. Now I can’t edit entries in that section:

Unknown column 'value' in 'field list'

An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query

* SELECT max(value) AS max FROM sym_entries_data_33

Is it fully necessary to design the section ahead of adding any, or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks! Looks great so far, edit problems aside :)

Hmm, odd! I’ve used it on 2.0.7 without problems. Take a look in your database, what columns do you see in the table sym_entries_data_33? Similarly, what do you see in the row with an ID 33 in sym_fields? And finally, is there a row in sym_fields_order_entries with a field_id of 33?

A quick fix might be to remove the field from your section, save the section, and re-add it again.

I swear I tried that last night, but today when I tried your suggestion, it seems to have worked.

Prior to removing/adding the field to my section, I did notice that the table it was asking for (33) did not exist. After following your suggestion, the tables skip from 32 to 35 (the highest-numbered of them).

I’m really new with Symphony and this extension is the solution to my problem. I installed and it works. Thank you for the extension, Nick.

I am just starting to use Symphony. So far so good (great). Alas with the first post comes the first problem tho’. The Order Entries extension doesn’t seem enable any dragging powers in my backend tables.

What have I done so far:

• I installed both manually and via “git submodule add”. Nada.

• I did re-save each entry and they all show a number. I tried to disable, unistall and reinstall but still nada.

• Made sure I called the field “Entry Order”

• Tried both on the demo /workspace as well as in a vanilla install.

• what should I try next?

You have to order by the Order Field in the publish index table :)

In ascending order.

Thanks, I did that already, as I did read the readme too. Sorry I forgot to mention. Can you please describe what behaviour should I expect? Is it the same as the 4-way cursor and dragging used in the reordering of sections?

Ran Error Console and it throws an undefined variable in admin.js. Might that be the cause? See attached screenshot.

[See attached screenshot.][shot]

[shot]: http://xyz.tmslnz.com/symphony/Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 10.01.54.png

(btw, is Markdown formatting broken?)

Attachments:
Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 10.01.54.png