Search

In Symphony 2.0.3, the Entity Diagram now shows up in a nameless menu. This can be fixed by changing line 20 of the extension.driver.php file from this:

'location'  => 300,

to this:

'location'  => 100,

Is this the best way to accomplish this? I thought there was a new and better way of doing this, but I’m not sure what that is.

Thanks for the reminder — I need to update this to use the Navigation Groups name (“Blueprints” or “System”) rather than a numbered index.

I’ve updated Entity Diagram to v1.3 to appear under the “Blueprints” menu:

• it’s more of a Blueprint of your site than a System configuration thing
  • Blueprints are shown to Developers only

Thanks, Nick!

Abso-frikkin-lutely awesome work!

Great work Nick, thanks.

@Nick: I posted a minor bug.

@Nick - I posted a possible bug as well,

I’m getting the following error after installing the Entity Diagram extension on 2.0.8RC1.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/user/site/public_html/extensions/entity_diagram/content/content.diagram.php on line 96

And replied — could you send me an export from your database please? Or even an Ensemble of your site, so I can try for myself.

@nickdunn - I just sent you an email with the SQL export.

@nickdunn - Did you receive my email with the SQL export?

That I did, thanks. Busy times, but I’ll get round to it as soon as possible.

Entity Diagram updated to version 1.4 on 26th of April 2010

This is a really exciting release. It fixes a few niggly little bugs, but adds a brand new feature that I am really excited about — Graphviz export!

Graphviz is a free, open-source and most important cross-platform graphing tool. So this feature can be used by Windows, OSX and Linux folks alike.

Once installed, head over to System > Preferences where you can choose which sections to export. If you have a diagram as criminally complex as this, you’ll see why I added the ability to only export specific sections!

TCT diagram

By excluding unimportant/anomalous sections from the diagram you can end up with something much neater. I have found it useful to export the diagram in stages, so that each part of your site has a diagram for itself:

HFRFC diagram

The diagram has native support for relationships created by Select Box, Select Box Link and Reference Link fields, where lines join fields to fields. I have also added support for Subsection Manager, which joins the subsection field to the associated section. Have not yet tested support for Bi-Link but I am assuming it works.

Please give this a try and post up your diagrams :-)

Madness.

Wow! Nice work, Nick.

This is very exciting, Nick! Here’s a diagram of what I’m working on now:

Attachments:
the-design-administration-20100601.pdf

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah this extension is worth it’s weight in gold :)

Very cool. Nick thanks again for this extension!

Sweet, there extists a GraphViz viewer in HTML5/canvas: canviz! Have a look at the demo too.