Search

Sorry to bother you again, but it seems your new approach brakes the excluded pages.

Bad:

Line 437: $segments = explode('/', urldecode($this->_url));

Fix:

Line 437: $segments = explode('/', $this->_get['symphony-page']);

You’re welcome ;-)

CacheLite updated to version 1.1.1 on 25th of February 2011

Good catch. Fixed.

That was fast, thanks.

Soon I’ll provide my own extensions. With blackjack and hookers ;-)

Discovered quite a big bug that causes 500 errors. The page column in the sym_cachelite_references table is varchar(255) and has an index set on it. The former isn't a massive problem, but means that two very long URLs (where the first 255 characters are the same) will not cache properly. The problem is the index: when one long URL is cached, when the second long URL is cached, the index conflicts and the insert query throws an error. Symphony doesn't handle this (2.1.2) and a 500 error occurs.

Two fixes:

a) remove the index on the table for a quick fix b) change the page column to text and add a new index for quicker querying

Hi, I'm seeing an issue with 404 pages and cachelite (1.0.10) in Symphony (2.1.2)

A 404 Page Not Found will get cached by cachelite after which it gives a 200 http response header when requested again. Is there any way to fix this?

I checked the extension.driver.php, and I'mm guessing somewhere on line 273 an extra exception can be made, but I'm not sure which.

Have you tried excluding the 404 page from being cached?

Hi, I'm seeing an issue with 404 pages and cachelite (1.0.10) in Symphony (2.1.2)

On Symphony 2.2 with cachelite 1.1.1 everything seems to work fine, getting status 404 as expected.

Would y'all mind explaining how to use this extension? All I did is basically enabled the extension and clicked on the options...

Show comments in page source?
Expire cache when entries are created/updated through the backend?

No excluded pages. Cache Period: 300

That's all. Am I using this extension correctly? It doesn't seem that the entries are refreshing on the frontend after I make an update to an existing entry.

If y'all would mind sharing how y'all use the extension, and how you enable it for your site, that would be really helpful.

Thanks for y'alls time.

Discovered quite a big bug that causes 500 errors

Perhaps we could md5 hash the URLs before saving the reference? Would that have any impact on performance? Happy to defer to you on the best option to take, but a more permanent fix seems like the right option to me.

I considered that as it's a neat approach that retains indexing, but realised when querying the row back from the database the page column is then passed through the CacheLite function to get the cache file on disk. Maybe there's a way around that, but depends on the CacheLite library itself.

Of course, I hadn't really thought that through. We could store the md5 hash alongside the text URL. Use the hash for lookups and the text column for the actual reference?

Max Wheeler, I like your style. Put the hash into the existing page column (which will have the index set already, no need to write any update SQL) and add a new url column for the real URL. Nice.

Have you tried excluding the 404 page from being cached?

Yes, but that doesn't fix it. That would also only apply to the 'page-not-found' I guess, not page typing errors for example.

On Symphony 2.2 with cachelite 1.1.1 everything seems to work fine, getting status 404 as expected.

Also with repeated cals to the same error url?

I seems a bit weird that a repeated page typing error for example will get a 200 instead of a 404. But I'm not sure how that would impact spider indexing for example. They would get the 404 first time around.

Question:

Some cache_{hash} files should appear in manifest/cache folder, right? Well, they don't appear and I really don't know why.

All I have there are the some Debug cache files.

Thanks for tips.

Are you logged in to Symphony? It'll only cache for users who are not. Have you set up any excludes in the preferences page?

Didn't set up any exclusions.

Are you logged in to Symphony?

That was it :) Thank you.

Wow ... it's moving blazing fast now.

In extension.driver.php on line 387 $context['section'] needs to be checked before using. For example, Custom Preferences extension alters this value and in your context it is empty. Error triggered. You can change it with this:

if ( !empty($context['section']) ) {
    $this->clear_pages_by_reference($context['section']->get('id'), 'section');
}

Thanks.

@vladG: Ta, can you note that as an issue for me. I'll pick it up on the next round of updates, but I'll forget about it if it's only in here.

CacheLite updated to version 1.1.2 on 5th of April 2011

• Romanian translation thanks to vladG
  • Check context is set before clearing references

How can I use this extension in pages with comments?

It seems that I can only make comments when logged in, otherwise neither the comments are added to the DB nor I get the feedback message.

I tried to use the event filter, but it didn't solve the problem.