Search

Ah well, all I did was copying your code :)

having an install issue

I’ve replied to your issue.

I’m having the same problem as this. Using the latest version of everything (Maintenance Mode 1.2, CacheLite 1.0.7, Symphony 2.0.8RC3).

I’m getting this Error when I go to the System Preferences with CacheLite enabled (Symph 2.0.7):

Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.

I had that issue not too long ago. If you look in your logs in the Manifest folder it will tell you that a certain file is missing (it will even give you it’s path). It’s an empty file and you’re just going to have to create it outright. Do that and it all should work just fine.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Ik checked the manifest log and it doesn’t seem to point to a massing file. This is the only entry:

============================================

Log Created: 2010-06-14T12:53:54+02:00

Symphony Log

Version: 2.0.7

2010/06/14 13:03:38 > USER NOTICE: 1024 - Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page. in file /home/bdcreati/domains/bdcreations.nl/public_html/projects/esthex/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php on line 96

The missing file that @dougoftheabaci is talking about is /manifest/cachelite-excluded-pages. It should have been created on install, but if you create it manually it should get rid of that problem I think.

Ok thanks, that did it. Somehow the file just re-appeared, perhaps through dis/enabling the extension, not sure.

Ok I was to quick, it wasn’t fixed. The /manifest/cachelite-excluded-pages file is present, but I still get the error when I go the the System Preferences after enabling the extension:

Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.
/srv/www/vhosts/esthex.com/httpdocs/new/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php line 96

91      }
93      public function getPageCallback($page=NULL, $update=false){
95          if((!$page || !$update) && $this->_callback) return $this->_callback;
96          elseif(!$page && !$this->_callback) trigger_error('Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.');
98          $this->_currentPage = URL . preg_replace('//{2,}/', '/', '/symphony' . $page);
99          $bits = preg_split('///', trim($page, '/'), 3, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);

@bd_creations: I think you’re actually seeing this problem. Are you using the Subsection Manager by any chance? There was a conflict in the Subsection Manager that has since been patched.

Thanks Makenosound, that’s the same error indeed. I’m not using Subsection Manager however, I’ll see if I can pinpoint the extension causing it.

The same error may have existed in the Mediathek field, so perhaps it’s that?

Any ideas as to why this happens? We seem to be moving away from the whole $this->_Parent stuff with 2.0.8+ so using the static instances should really be working properly. Sounds more like a Symphony bug than anything else, since I’ve just had to make the same change to five other extensions I’m using.

CacheLite updated to version 1.0.8 on 25th of August 2010

Update courtesy of eKoeS, who has fixed the localisation issues and added an Italian translation.

Any progress with problems mentioned above? I’ve patched version od Subsection Manager and still getting an error when trying to open preferences panel. I’m using about 30 other extensions, so I don’t know where else to change all those _parent things…

@icek: Sorry, haven’t had a chance to look any more carefully. Can you try and narrow down the extension that’s causing the conflict? That would help me figure out why it’s failing so dramatically.

Max have you considered adding 304 header support? So a browser will send an If-Modified-Since header, and if the cache file hasn’t changed since that date, CacheLite could return a 304 so that the HTML is served from the browser’s cache and not from the server.

We added this to the JIT extension and it massively improved caching performance. I wonder if it’d improve page performance too.

@nick: I hadn’t no, sounds like a good idea though. Do you mind logging it as an issue and I’ll see if I can get onto it soon?