Search

Installation took 2 secs. Backend in place. Go to front page, and wham, XSLT processing error! On Dreamhost.

XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration
XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(http://hugonomicon.com/workspace/pages/home.xsl): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://hugonomicon.com/workspace/pages/home.xsl"
XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(): compilation error: file /home/.finale/cena/hugonomicon.com/ line 3 element import
XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet(): xsl:import : unable to load http://hugonomicon.com/workspace/pages/home.xsl
XSLTProcessor::transformToXml(): No stylesheet associated to this object

Oh no...

Looks like importing stylesheets is considered an I/O load. Hmm.. I think there's a config you can set in Dreamhost right?

Someone with Dreamhost experience, please voice up!

seems like something to do with your importing files:

<xsl:import href="../utilities/master.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="../utilities/get-article.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="../utilities/get-notes.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="../utilities/get-comments.xsl"/>

edit... i guess it goes beyond xsl. even though I have dreamhost, i don't know crap about it

Cenazoic, have you read the Dreamhost set-up guide on the wiki page?

There it says something about enabling fopen. Try that.

Okay, just went through the DH setup. Reinstalled S2.

Now:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/.finale/cena/hugonomicon.com/symphony/lib/boot/class.object.php on line 16

I hope you weren't making snarky comments, wt. People in glass houses, and all that, ya know. *cough SLICEHOST *cough

:)

I'm on Dreamhost too, so a solution to this will help me out.

Edit - resolved now. :)

I've been through both of these too. For me, the first one had to do with fopen being disabled in PHP. The second, the Parse error, had to do with being on PHP4 and not PHP5.

Yes, I've just learned this too.

cenazoic - you should be on your way to issue #2 is you set your PHP version to 5. You'll find it under the Domains tab.

That's odd. Running into the same error and I've double-checked the version of PHP in the Domains tab -- 5.2.2.

Yes, my first error was that particular domain was on php4(according to phpinfo() ), even though in the CP it was set to 5.2.2. However, I tried it on a different domain on DH, that was for sure on 5, and got the same errors.

Making progress. Now I simply get a generic 'XSLT processing errors' message which has nothing following it.

Well, I'm not making much headway either. It seems Dreamhost has decided to disallow any SSH activity to my server, so enabling fopen isn't going to happen any time soon.

thv20, any chance of coming into IRC? I did get fopen enabled, but it's still not working. Maybe we can put our heads together and get somewhere.

I haven't used IRC since I switched to Mac about 4 years ago! I can't even remember any of the commands.

It's a pretty active place, and the devs are there daily.

details:

Server: irc.freenode.net Port: 6667 Room: #Symphony

Please see cenamayo.com and cenamayo.com/info.php for details.

Fixed.

I think folks are running into issues as a result of the Dreamhost setup guide in the Overture wiki.

The wiki listed incorrect edits to the .htaccess file. I've since updated the entry to correct this -- the file should contain:

Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler php-cgi .php
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php.cgi

That should enable PHP 5.2.3 on your domain (it's stuck in perma-4.8 mode otherwise) and hopefully resolves this specific issue on Dreamhost.

Hope this helps!

I am hoping that this bug fix might solve the fopen problem

http://bugs.21degrees.com.au/comments.php?DiscussionID=17

We will be getting an update out today, however, if any of you DH ppl are around, do you mind if I have a poke around your site? I would like to test my theory.