Search

Thanks to all involved. This seems like a solid release and I'm really looking forward to playing with the new Associations UI. Functional and elegant, just what you'd expect in Symphony. :)

Finally got my hands on 2.3.3 and started playing with the Associations UI, indeed looks very nice, from my understanding the Current UI is just a visual overview, correct?

Are there delegates which could extend the functionality to (search & add existing links) not just add new. And possibly an extension to do association sorting.

Use Case, A (sidebar) widget section (with links to multiple pages) and sorting on each page as deemed appropriate. Obviously this would start off with an extension as I don't think every association requires sorting, quite the opposite.

Hey Jon, was talking with John @designermonkey and there is one Delegate that overrides the current method, there is no delegate for appending to current UI only replacing it, if I understood John correctly.

Here it is on Github. And it's in the /Publish/ section of the API docs.

Am looking for a method to alter the presentation for an extension.

Hey Andrew, yes I saw that delegate, after I posted to be honest; I'll have a look into it. I guess to enable search that could be an option, as for sorting possibly could be done with JavaScript similar to what Order Entries does... just on a per-post basis.

It's not too urgent at the moment just something to think about, however I'll need to implement this in the next month or two. For now just playing around trying to set up a quick ensemble with the Associations UI.

@brendo - were you able to pull together the screencast to show off the association ui?

the new symphony is great, thx.

I just cant figure out, why I am not able to edit my section, or build new ones:

UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of /var/www/symp/symphony-2/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php

so obviously I've done something wrong during install, but dont know what. installing was done via github.

@moma strange, can you please give your php version at least. maybe it might help.

Also did you have any problems during install or only after?

sry, it seems to be my fault: PHP Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /var/www/symphony/symphony-2/extensions/reflecteduploadfield/fields/field.reflectedupload.php on line 15, referer: http://localhost/symphony/symphony-2/symphony/blueprints/sections

so it was an extension error. I've removed this extension and everthing work fine.

thx.

found sonething new that's strange:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/symphony/symphony-2/extensions/browsedevkit/content/content.browse.php on line 107, referer: http://localhost/symphony/symphony-2/testpage/?profile

phpversion: PHP 5.4.4-14+deb7u3 (cli) (built: Jul 17 2013 14:54:08) Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies with XCache v2.0.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2012, by mOo with Xdebug v2.2.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by Derick Rethans

browsedevkit seems to be part of the core.

Browse Devkit isn't part of the core, but may need updating.

mixed up profiledevkit with browsedevkit:-(

everything was up to date.

so deinstalled browse devkit, thanks!

Just a heads up to my fellow Symphonians...

I have updated the Pages Field to be all full of associations goodness. You can find release 1.6 in the usual place on Symphony Extensions (which may take time to update), or on github

Happy page referencing people!

I, as well, would love to see this new Associations UI in action.

@jdsimcoe

See this thread.