Search

@nitriques

Take a look at my previous post. I corrected it since it had errors.

LanguageRedirect::instance()->getLanguage() is used to get the 'language' parameter

and

LanguageRedirect::instance()->getLanguageCode() is used to get the whole language code (including region: en-us).

You said earlier:

So I will have to change my code too since I used getLanguageCode(), not getLanguage()

No need to change this. You are using it correctly.

deleted

deleted

@vladG: Thank you very much for your clarification :)

LanguageRedirect::instance()->getLanguageCode() is used to get the whole language code (including region: en-us).

This is what I want 'en' if no region, 'en-us' if region is set... I used it for SQL queries so it should be ok

@vladG: I do have the data source included, but it doesn't work. I get the following XML:

<plh-page>
    <page handle="" id="">
        <item lang="zh" handle="" />
        <item lang="en" handle="" />
    </page>
</plh-page>

I have already entered the page titles and handles.

I have the latest Page LHandles and Language Redirect.

Edit

Ok, the problem is that it won't work on the index page. I.e. going to /xx/home/ works but /xx/ index page won't work.

@Pat

If someone requires www.mysite.com, then, if set, the default index page will be returned. PLH doesn't know which page is the current index page, so no information in this case will be returned.

For now, I didn't notice any situations where this information is required.

Ah ok. I guess I just don't need to write "Home" in the title on the home page then. :)

Pat, you're right, a homepage on a multi lingual site should be available in both languages, nd default to one with redirects. If I were to visit www.demo.com/ which defaulted to en I would expect a redirect to www.demo.com/en/ with an option to switch to de for instance at www.demo.com/de/.

This can be achieved with the URL Router extension (I think, not tested) with three routes...

Set it to display content under legacy url too.

@designermonkey: Well, I use Language Redirect, which does just that (except Page LHandles doesn't show the localized handles for the index page).

@Pat: Just read this post after writting to you in Github. Have a look at the breadcrumb extension. It will work like this: You won't get any results on the home page (not empty nodes, not nodes at all) you will know for sure you are on the home page. I have written compatibility code with LR in the breadcrumb ext.

@Pat

except Page LHandles doesn't show the localized handles for the index page

False. It translates all page handles, including index. I have the company page as index.

My urls:

www.mysite.com/ro/companie
www.mysite.com/en/company

But, if someone requests www.mysite.com, then a redirect takes place to www.mysite.com/{lang-code} provided by Language Redirect. In this case there is no localized page handle because ... no page handle is set in the URL.

@vladG: Maybe we should try to get the page tagged as index via SQL to patch this ?

Yeah, there's no page-handle in the URL, but $current-language is available, as is $current-page.

@vladG: We could use the $current-page handle to get the translated version as @Pat suggested... Let me know what you prefer and I will code it.

I'm back :) Was in vacation.

@Nitiques

We could use the $current-page handle to get the translated version as @Pat suggested... Let me know what you prefer and I will code it.

Feel free to do it. I'll merge your changes.

@vladG: Super ! I will do that next week, since I leave for 3 days today :)

This is an XSLT related question with Page L handles:

How would I target the current handle of the currently active langauge for use in url param?

This is what I have so far:

/data/plh-page/page/item[@lang = '$url-language']/@handle

But it doesn't match to the current page handle at all? I'm trying to get to the handle node of the parent page in this XML:

<plh-page>
   <page handle="tywydd-a-gofod" id="17">
     <item lang="cy" handle="tywydd-a-gofod">Tywydd A Gofod</item>
     <item lang="en" handle="weather-and-space">Weather &amp; Space</item>
     <page handle="gofod" id="23">
        <item lang="cy" handle="gofod">Gofod</item>
       <item lang="en" handle="space">Space</item>
     </page>
   </page>
 </plh-page>

Thoughts please :)

My bad..created my own var and filtered on that:

/data/plh-page/page/item[@lang = $lang]/@handle

Sorted.

Regarding this post:

Yes, that's the order ... grand-parent -> parent -> current-page

I'll release an XSLT utility tonight (around 23:00 GMT) which will cover some url generation and stuff like that.

oooh :)

@VladG, did you release anything in the end? just curious :)